• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder conversion for ZEITGEIST

E.N. Publishing is looking for someone who would be interested in converting the upcoming ZEITGEIST campaign saga from 4th edition to Pathfinder. Specifically, we want someone who has published for Pathfinder, who has enough rules familiarity with both systems to be able to keep the spirit of the adventures as close as possible.

If you're interested, please post here and include some of your writing and publishing background. Thanks.

Mortagon

First Post
Hi, while I haven't published anything or worked professionally as an RPG designer, I do have 23 years of gaming experience mostly with D&D and now Pathfinder. I also have a lot of spare time on my hands. I am not overly familiar with 4th edition, but I have lots of experience with Pathfinder and it's predecessors. I do own the core 4th edition books and I have played the game a few times so I know the gist of it. If there is any way I could help with this project please do not hesitate to contact me at mortagon[MENTION=89935]hotmail[/MENTION].com. I would be very happy to be able to help with this project no matter how small my part in it would be.

Walking Dad

First Post
Never published anything myself, but I love to play around with rules and builds. I started with AD&D 2e, moved to 3.X and eventually to 4e. I was also one of the core founders of these boards Living Pathfinder Campaign.

If YOU are the lucky publisher tackling the conversion and you are interested in someone wanting to help for free, just PM me :D

PS: I also play many other systems (but most fond of d20 based rules) and began with my own revision of the Modern d20 rules, based on the Pathfinder changes.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To be clear, guys, we're not looking for a bit of help - we are looking to hire someone to do the job completely.

Wicht

Hero
If you do not mind me asking, what are the production deadlines, expected wordcount per adventure and turnover expectations. Or is all that still up in the air? edit: I ask because I am tempted to apply but don't want to find myself overcommitted and unable to follow through.

Last edited:

Firstly, while I have a good working knowledge of 4e and very good experience with Pathfinder and the nature of their adventure paths, I have neither the writing experience required nor the time for a full on commitment.

However.

Secondly, I have an idea for you to consider. Having a lead designer makes sense not only because of the size of the project but also the nature of adventure paths and the continuity required. Perhaps though, there is room in the structure for a small number (four or five) of unpaid assistants - similar to patrons in an open design project. If you opened a private forum for the group to discuss ideas, form and check stat blocks, seek motivation and inspiration and just bounce fantastic ideas around, I think the overall project will benefit from the multiple eyes, brains and imaginations. If such was possible, I would be very enthusiastic to participate in an unpaid assistant or "patron" role. Any help I could give back to this site, I would be more than willing to do.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Rhenry

First Post
I am interested in converting the Zeitgeist material from 4th Edition to Pathfinder. I play and GM both systems regularly. While I have no Pathfinder or 4E publishing credits to date, I did write a 3.5 edition adventure module for Necromancer Games titled “The Coils of Set.” This module has been regarded as one of the better later-day Necromancer Games adventures by several posters on the ENWorld forums.

The writing of “The Coils of Set” has demonstrated my knowledge of the OGL/d20 system as well as a capability of following house style guidelines and of meeting deadlines. I have a Bachelor’s degree in English, regularly write for professional journals in my industry, and frequently proofread and edit in my daily job duties.

I look forward to working with EN Publishing to bring the city of Flint and its exciting adventures to fans of the Pathfinder system. Please contact me via private message or through email (rhenry [at] dcplibrary [dot] org).

Ryan Henry

interested in converting Zeitgeist

I am interested in converting Zeitgeist to Pathfinder from the 4E rules. Contact information: Charlie Dunwoody.

I’ve been published in the print version of Dragon for D&D 3.5, I submitted an item that made the top 32 in the 2011 Paizo RPG Superstar contest, and I write a regular column at rpg.net that has covered world and campaign building for both 4E and Pathfinder.

The contrast between the sooty industrialized city of Flint and the ancient eldritch Unseen Court creates a dynamic tension in which to set an adventure path. I am a big fan of steampunk in general and the ironborn of Questhaven and the clockwork magic of Zobeck in particular.

I was extremely pleased to see Zeitgeist offered for Pathfinder in addition to 4E. I want E.N. Publishing to have success with publishing a Pathfinder adventure path and I want to help by transferring the essence of a 4E AP into both the rules and the spirit of Pathfinder.

Charlie

Last edited:

Emberion

First Post
Greetings,
As chief designer, editor, and writer for Alluria Publishing, I have a plethora of experience writing for both Pathfinder and 4E, and converting freely between the two. One of my credits, Remarkable Races was designed for both 4E and Pathfinder. Alluria Publishing's Fey Folio (of which I was chief editor) was also released for both game systems and received 2 honorable mentions in last year's ENnies. My most recent work, the Cerulean Seas Campaign Setting (for Pathfinder) was a large success. I have worked and written for many other companies for over a decade; including Level Up magazine (Goodman), Gaming Frontiers Magazine, Sword & Sorcery Studios (a division of White Wolf), Mystic Eye Games, and Bastion Press.

I would be honored to undertake this project, or offer any help that you may need.

You may also want to contact Matthew Cicci (lead author of Fey Folio). I highly recommend his work, and he is very talented with both systems.

TheLastRogue

First Post
I appreciate Emberion's nod of approval.

My publishing credits are as follows:

The Fey Folio - an Ennie honorable mention monster supplement for both 4e and Pathfinder.

Cerulean Seas - An Alluria Publishing project, like above. I designed classes and prestige classes for this.

Portraits of A Villain: The Desire - A wide range of work on Nevermet Press's 4e supplement.

Additionally, I've written for Kobold Quarterly, once in print, many times for their website (including 2 years running as a Top 10 finalist for their King of the Monsters contest). Also, I had a good deal of work printed in Courts of the Shadow Fey, a 4e Open Design project.

I'd be free to write next week. I'm currently finishing up a Pathfinder product for Alluria Publishing.

Also, I'd like to echo Herreman the Wise - perhaps, turning this over to a project manager, someone like Emberion, who could then write with a few others may make the project more manageable. I've found that Alluria, and thus Emberion, does a great job of organizing and producing material . . . for both systems.

- Matthew A. Cicci

Remove ads