• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] DarkSun: Dangerous Beginnings

kinem

Adventurer
"You're in no position to dictate terms, mul" Kiline says "Though we might trade a little water for the use of your tongue.

Lela and Ardon, you will travel with us, right? Then it is in your interest as well as ours that no one comes searching for us, as I doubt they would make fine distinctions about who is to be enslaved, as well as that our water supply should hold. So what say you - is the word of that mul worth a drop?"

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
from what I remember, Raluk has never been very trustworthy, always looking out for himself first, stealing water and food from the other guards, but always in such a way as to not get caught, definitely not a very trustworthy type.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Watch your words, scum. Or they will be your last. You don't have to trust me. But if we fight, some containers would break, anyway. Better you just give us something. By the black, I own my old masters nothing. I would even tell them, you were the other guards, if I get more water this way. Your choice." Raluk simply states.

veldan

First Post
At this Ardon unshoulders his bow and knocks an arrow, not yet drawing the string but falling back "I don't want to have to shoot you, Raluk"

Lela looks at Ardon getting ready to fight and thinks to herself that Raluk is right, there's no chance of saving all of the water if a fight does break out. Perhaps there's a better way (/ooc manifesting conceal thoughts, getting ready for a big lie, using bluff +14)...

"Raluk, you're right, but your need for water is not dire. And if a fight does break out one or all of you are not going to survive this day. Did you not try to find out the caravan schedules for the major houses before we left?"
She waits for the shrug she knows she's going to get, since most houses protect their caravan schedules jealously.

"A House Wavir caravan bound for Balic was scheduled to leave three days behind us. Based on the slow route we took through the badlands they should be overtaking our position tomorrow, you have a chance of catching them if you make a run for the main road now, and you don't stop to rest."

"We have no quarrel with you, but you are not getting any of this water, since all the water you will need is only a days hike away. As for who we are, you know that your group was the only group to survive the Jura-Dai attack. I think this information, in exchange for this small story, is enough in place of a few skins of water you are going to have to fight and possibly die for."

Lela let's down her guard a little just to show that there's still some trust there.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"You're right, we shouldn't fight over this, Raluk, if you and the rest of the guards want to go and find the caravan after ours you may, personally I'm going to stay with these people." Ardon lowers his bow and moves to join the group.

Walking Dad

First Post
"No water, and no help from me. Even if the other caravan can take us, I will have to report the escaped slaves... and the rogue guards!" Raluk answers, believing, but still not willing to 'loose' this argument.

As Raluk speaks, you see that the other guards move a bit. Perhaps to get in the right position to ... do what?

Andor

First Post
Gilliam watches the back and forth with only limited comprehension. It seemed like another elf wanted to travel with them. He gave a mental shrug, if more food wanted to come along as a walking larder he wouldn't complain. Not too loudly anyway. And it even looked like the guards wanted to fight which would nicely settle the question of 'What's for dinner?' He shook himself to work any kinks out of his muscles. His inertial armour was up, his blade was manifested, he was as ready as possible, whatever may come.

veldan

First Post
"So what do the rest of you think?" Lela asks the other guards. She wishes she could put more distance between herself and the four remaining guards, but it's just not possible. She takes a mental note of how far away she is from some sort of protection either with the ex-slaves or some nearby cover. However, she will not allow anyone to get to close to her.

Remove ads