• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] Flames of Littleton

VanorDM

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I updated the image with name tags and posted in the plots and places thread.

The int count is...

Calvin
Devos
Vithalas
Orc's
Lydia
Talmon
Onsalau
[/sblock]

VanorDM

Explorer
OOC: Is it still round 2, or have we moved on to round 3?

Bottom of the 2nd, the Orc's have taken their actions for the 2nd round, that means the bottom half of the party gets an attack, followed by the top half in round 3, prior to the orc's getting another action.

ghostcat

First Post
Lydia Taylor - Round 2

Happy now that she can actually see what is attacking her, Lydia quickly assesses her combat options. Feeling very vulnerable the way she is surrounded by Orcs, she still manages to smile at the way the enemy is perfectly aligned. Lydia suddenly take a step back towards the inn, takes a deeps and breaths fire, singeing the orcs in front of her.

[sblock=mechanics]5' step north. Fire breath for (1d4=2) damage. Save DC (10+0.5+4=14.5)[/sblock][sblock=Fire Breath]As a standard action, you can unleash a 15-foot cone of flame from your mouth. This flame deals 1d4 points of fire damage per level, maximum 10d4. A Reflex save halves this damage. The save DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 your oracle level + your Charisma modifier. You can use this ability once per day, plus one additional time per day at 5th level and every five levels thereafter. The save DC is Charisma-based.[/sblock]

Onyx

First Post
Talmon Daellus - Round 2

The elf takes stock of the chaos as melee erupts, delaying his turn until the last moment. (delaying until the end of round 2 after Onslau).

He settles his attention on the orcs that stand before Calvin McHenry and casts a spell.

"Run away quickly, Orcs." says Talmon as he completes his Hypnotism spell.

OOC- Hypnotism can affect several creatures, no two of which may be more then 30' apart. This means that all orcs except the archers are affected and subject to make a saving throw. Since the spell is cast in combat, each orc will receive a +2 on its saving throw. The will save DC is 14 (Int Mod +3, Spell Level 1).

From the spells text, "While the subject is fascinated by this spell, it reacts as though it were two steps more friendly in attitude. This allows you to make a single request of the affected creature (provided you can communicate with it). The request must be brief and reasonable. Even after the spell ends, the creature retains its new attitude toward you, but only with respect to that particular request.

A creature that fails its saving throw does not remember that you enspelled it."

Last edited:

Onyx

First Post
[sblock=Initiative Confusion]
Calvin - 19
Devos - 18
Vithalas - 14
Orc's - ???
Lydia - 4
Talmon - 7
Onsalau - 18

I'm confused by what actions caused this to be the order listed here?

As I see it, the order should be as follows (with Talmon delaying to the end of round 2)

Calvin - 19
Devos - 18.5 (higher modifier then Onslau)
Onslau - 18
Vithralas - 14
Orcs - ???
Talmon - (Delayed from 7)
Lydia - 4
Talmon - 3
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Devos

Devos desperately fires his crossbow at the orcs, having already spend all his more powerful magics.

[sblock=ooc]
Crossbow attack (1d20+2=14, 1d8=4)
against orc left of Lydia, miss.

Active:
Dancing Light cantrip 6 rds
casting mage armor (1 hr)
AC 17 (T13, FF14)

AC 13 (T13, FF10), HP 12/12, F +2,R+2,W+2
0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Guidance
1 Level: Mage Armor, Sleep
[/sblock]

VanorDM

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Based on the excellent suggestion by Onyx we're going to try running combat slightly differently.

What we'll do is have everyone post their actions for the current round and then I'll make a single post with the details of what happened in that around adjusted for int and the rest.

If someone's action becomes invalid for some reason I'll PM them and work out a new action if needed.

I also see where I made my mistake on Int. I misread the post for Onslau. But now everything is fixed.

Everyone has posted their 2nd round actions, so we'll start the new system at the top of the 3rd round. So I'll be posting a half round details and then we'll start at the top with everyone posting their 3rd round action.[/sblock]

Remove ads