[Pathfinder] Hewligan's Rise of the Runelords: The Hook Mountain Massacre

frostrune

First Post
Well... poop.:(

I'd have to say I am disappointed but not totally surprised; certainly no hard feelings. These games typically have a short shelf life and this one lasted far longer than most. I enjoyed playing with you all and had fun with Jokad. Hew - you are a heck of a DM. Thanks for your efforts over the last couple years.

Hopefully I'll see you all around (the boards).

Josh (Frostrune)

Fenris

Adventurer
Sorry guys. I have no excuse. Life was very hectic. My girlfriend had major surgery and that really pre-occupied me. But I needed to at least let you know I was out. But I always had that intention at night but got back from the hospital so late. But still I needed to, it was very disrespectful of me not to.

Hewligan, I cannot apologize enough for not upholding my end of the game. But you are a phenominal DM. You run a creative game that is challenging, engaging and immersive. The work that you did to help us develop our characters was tremenous. Jovik was certainly one of my favorite characters ever because of you. And your end game wrap ups captured our character so well and yet developed them and helped them find depth. You are a great story teller.

if you ever run another game here, i would love to play, but fear i have not earned that privledge.

Thank you for everything, and again my apologies.

hewligan

First Post
Sorry guys...

I just hope your girlfriend is recovering well. This was just a game, and there are much more important things in life!

I am not blaming anyone and I don't feel any frustration. I never thought when I started this that it would continue for so long, and in many ways we have all been lucky that nothing broke the game apart earlier on.

I have a new, more senior job now that demands a huge amount of my time, and has me travelling a lot more (I am just back from Paris, off again on Monday to Cologne, then Miami a week later ..). The truth is I probably would have really struggled to continue to find the time to post here.

Friadoc

Explorer
Add my good words to hewligan's, I hope she recovers soon and well.

It's all good, hewligan. We had an awesome run of it, with some excellent games played, times had, and solid company.

Really, it's been one of the better gaming experiences I've had, on or offline.

Thanks and good luck with the new position and duties at work!

Remove ads