[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast hp=15/18

Ray will toss a sack to Cade and say, "Here -- for the gold and stuff. Let's keep all the loot in one spot so's we can divvy it up later, ok?"

Walking Dad

First Post
You find no traps and the door is unlocked. Cade opens it carefully:

A large table and several chairs are pushed up against one wall of this room. A door is set in the opposite wall.
Scattered around the floor are four piles of shredded tapestries and clothing being used as beds by sleeping hobgoblins. They're sleeping in their armor, and their swords and shields lie near them.

ooc: Ark, I will allow you to take 10 this time, to speed things up :)

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade the rogue

Cade frowns and gestures to the others, silently indicating how many hostiles he can see in the room, their prone positions, and his intent to slay them. And that everyone else should stand ready to assist.

That done, Cade waits a second, then creeps into the room, attempting to get close enough to the first hobgoblin in order to crush its neck with his morningstar......
[sblock=OOC]Well, here we go again......lessee if Cade survives this time. -_- His Stealth bonus is +6, so he gets a 16 if he takes 10. If he reaches the first hobgoblin soon enough and safely enough, his coup de grace inflicts 22 damage.
2d8+8+1d6=22

If I need to roll Stealth after or before that, it's a cruddy check of 11. InvisibleCastle just doesn't want Cade to be a sneaky rogue. -_-
1d20+6=11 [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Ray waits, as patiently as he is able, just outside the door while Cade does his dirty work. At the first indication of rousing hobgoblins, he will spring through the door, sword drawn, ready to lend Cade assistance.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Cade silently kills the first hobgoblin.

ooc: no need for stealth rolls. Problem starts if someone else tries to sneak around or a hobgoblin survives the attack.

Leif

Adventurer

Ray silenty gives Cade the "thumbs up," and points to the next hobgoblin, drawing his finger across his throat in a slicing motion.

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade the rogue

Cade creeps up to the next hobgoblin while withholding a sigh. He doesn't want to make any unnecessary noise while trying to vanquish these threats before they awaken to vanquish him. He sneaks up to the next one and repeats the process, slamming his morningstar into the hobgoblin's neck......

Once that one is silenced forevermore, the rogue approaches his next victim quietly and brings his morningstar down upon its neck in a crushing blow, spraying blood across the floor and the makeshift bed.

Finally, he creeps up to the last 'bed' he saw in the room and locates the sleeper's neck, hefting his morningstar one more time for a crushing blow to the spine, throat, and carotid artery. But at this point his arms are getting a bit weary from all of it, and his swing is a bit less forceful.
[sblock=OOC]Okay, I'll roll a few more times right now, to speed things up if the next hobgoblin also perishes immediately and quietly.

Dealing 22 damage with my second coup de grace attempt. And 25 damage with my tthird coup de grace.
2d8+8+1d6=22, 2d8+8+1d6=25
Forgot momentarily that there was a fourth sleeping hobgoblin from the looks of things, so here's my fourth coup de grace attempt, for 19 damage.
2d8+8+1d6=19 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads