[Pathfinder] Kill Bargle ... Again!

The Rolling Man

First Post
Lanandro, Varisian sorcerer

Many find the Varisians strange, but Lanandro might be stranger. While his companions were inside meeting an informant, he spent most of the previous evening outside, 'channeling' the storm, 'absorbing' its energies.

In the morning, Lanandro followed the lead of the others, without much words. When Garvin and Zakok disagree however, he chips in. "I wish I could simply take flight like some of my ancestors. Guiding you would be easy. Perhaps one of you can substitute my lacking powers by climbing a tree. Try to look for any noticable landmarks." Lanandro looks around to see if he can see any particularly tall tree or one that is on a nearby hill top.

Redclaw

First Post
I ain't climbin' nothin', Thieren grumbles. The proper place fer a sensible dwarf is on the ground. As fer you two, he looks at the pair of arguing pathfinders. I don't care which way we go, as long as we find Bargle.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Stand aside, Leandro. I will do the climbing. But I'm already sure, that my way is the best." Zakok removes his backpack, flexes his muscels and starts to climb the tree.
ooc: climb +7, no hurrying.

Taking his time, the Shoanti tribesman climbs the tree with practiced ease (OOC: Takes 10 on Climb check) until he is nearly thirty feet off the ground, standing in the crook of a wrist-thick branch. He looks all around trying to get his bearings and seems to come to a conclusion (OOC: Takes 10 on Survival check).

[sblock=Zakok]You see the large, bear-shaped rock in the distance and realize that Garvin was right; you need to start heading west. You should be able to reach the hollow and Castle Mistamere in about an hour.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Fine, your way will bring us to Bargle, too. We shall save our anger for him. Lead! I will assist." Zakok says after he climbed down with the same ease as he climbed up. He puts his backpack on and stands next to Garvin.

Halford

First Post
Snapper stalks along silently, contemplateing his vengence. He allows those who know what they are talking about to determine their route - as long as it gets them to Bargle.

OOC: Eek, sorry for the lacksidasical posting folks!

The Rolling Man

First Post
Lanandro, Varisian sorcerer

Lanandro can't help but smile at the big Shoanti. "Wise is the man that can admit being wrong. Don't be too hard on yourself, Zakok. You are right on one thing : let's keep our anger for our enemy. Bargle awaits !" With that, Lanandro grabs his donkey's reins and leads it behind Garvin.

Garvin leads the party along faint game trails through the forest for over an hour. Zakok walks next to him, occasionally leaning over to give some advice. Within an hour you arrive at a small clearing and an enormous rock carved to look like a bear ... or at least you think it is supposed to be a bear. Time and weather have not been kind to the monolith which is at least as tall as two full-grown humans.

A small path can be seen running beside it towards the entrance of a narrow ravine. This must be the entrance to Mistamere. You cannot see the keep from here as the canyon walls turn sharply to the left around forty feet in, but you imagine that it lies just beyond the bend.

The woods are quiet here, and the tall peaks of the Fenwalls loom ominously close to the west, shrouded in mist on this cool day.

Redclaw

First Post
Thieren walks over to the carved rock. Bah, he harumphs. A waste o' good rock, if ye ask me. They should ha' let a dwarf carve it. Then it would be a thing o' beauty. A thing o' strength. He shrugs and turns toward the trail. Ah well, shall we be findin' Bargle now? I want to show him what a dwarf can do with the right tool. He hefts his hammer to make his point clear, although the ice-cold tone of his voice doesn't leave much room for question.

Remove ads