[Pathfinder] Kill Bargle ... Again!

Walking Dad

First Post
"Stay alert friends. A canyon like this would be perfect for an abush. Should one of us scout ahead?" Zakok says, looking at Garvin and Snapper.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garvin scratches at his chin and considers the ravine and Zakok's suggestion.

"I guess it would be a bad place to be caught unawares. What do you say, Snapper? Shall we each take a side of the ravine, and see if there's anyone lurking on the high road, before we come back and take the low road?"

[sblock=ooc]If Haflord is amenable, I suggest that we split up, and each try and find a way up on top of the ravine, to see if there's anyone there, or anyone below.

Climb +8
Stealth +7
Perception +8[/sblock]

The Rolling Man

First Post
Lanandro, Varisian sorcerer

"Zakok is right." Lanandro says while looking around. "I don't like the look of this canyon. Besides, it's almost too quiet."

Lanandro is ready to cast a defensive enchantment on himself at the first sign of trouble (OOC : Mage armor).

The road less traveled

Garvin Wanderer and Snapper head out from the rest of the group, each charting a path to take them up along the opposite edges of the canyon. Each take care to stay hidden and quiet and soon are out of sight of their companions (OOC: Taking 10 on Stealth checks).

There are no paths on either side of the ridge, although the ranger has a much easier time threading his way through the underbrush (OOC: Thanks to his ranks in Survival) while Snapper keeps on getting caught on branches or nettles. Because of this Garvin gets ahead a bit and reaches sight of Mistamere within fifteen minutes or so.

The ancient keep is built directly into the side of the canyon walls, at least two hundred feet below Garvin's current location. It is a simple keep and bailey affair. The curtain walls is in horrible shape with many large holes in it, although the main doors still seem to be in decent shape. The keep used to be at least two stories but the top stories collapsed and now lie in ruin. The courtyard of the keep is currently empty and both the doors of the bailey look closed, although it is hard to tell exactly from the current angle.

Snapper finally catches up to within sight of the Keep and notices something else: hundreds of tracks around him. Squatting down to get a closer look and judging from their size and shape, they seem to have been made by giant rock geckos, which are quite common in this part of Varisia (OOC: Untrained Intelligence check 10 + 2, vs DC 6). Nearly the size of a horse they are expert climbers, but are generally harmless if left alone.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
"Just so long as a dwarf can do it slowly, we don't want Bargle to think we don't appreciate him." Jerrayl chuckles, in response to Thieren's remarks.

"I'd like to repay his kindness at length." He snarls his fingers caressing the hilts of his blades.

"I guess it would be a bad place to be caught unawares. What do you say, Snapper? Shall we each take a side of the ravine, and see if there's anyone lurking on the high road, before we come back and take the low road?"

"Works fer me." Says the thief, after silently cursing nature at length he reaches his destination.

"Gecks, hey?" He mutters to himself before turning back with a sigh and struggling back through natures little challenges.

Returning to the group he gives them a detailed appraisal of what he saw, continueing despite the fact that they have undoubtedly already had one from Garvin - who he notes with mild annoyance has not got a scrach on him from the god forsaken nature. He has always found that even the smallest details can make the difference between life and less profitable life.

"Looks like the area is infested with Gecks to, not dangerous of course, least not usually, but its well to be wary. We might also want te consider that sommat might be usin' them as mounts they're big enough and I know plenty of folks crazy enough." He finishes.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garvin makes his way back to the group, dusting himself off, but none the worse for wear. He listens to Jerrayl's description before adding his own.

"I didn't see any signs of an ambush either, just the keep. Doesn't look like there's too much going on outside it. But I imagine inside will be more exciting. Still, we should be safe to head on out."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garvin looks around at his companions, leaving a last pause for objections or comments before nodding once and setting off through the ravine, towards the keep.

Halford

First Post
"Precautions are always unnecessary until they are not. They might be a pain, but its more than worth it when they save your neck." Snapper cautions following his companions grimly.

Remove ads