[Pathfinder] mazzoli's Kingmaker IC

Scotley

Hero
The Kobolds are remarkably resilient. Maybe getting beaten to within an inch of their lives is not uncommon for them. Or perhaps the Moon Radishes have some heretofore unknown healing properties. Either way, it seems likely that all the Kobolds will survive their thrashing this day.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Liam turns to the others to consult. "I gave the order to kill these creatures when we first spotted them but some of you feel that it was wrong. You are my staunch comrades in arms and I trust in your opinions. What do you think we should do with them?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rhote says, "Brother, leave them be. You may one day rule this land and we do not know how many non-humans reside here, nor do we know which of those might rise to oppose you. Plus, our current enemies are human, meaning that we might be fighting an internecine conflict ourselves. If we begin to succeed and slay non-human tribes outright, we may face a combined uprising of those fearing extermination. The kobolds at least provided us with intelligence we can use. We now know a bit of their history, about the Mites and of a possible magical artifact, which might be valuable information indeed. None of this would have been ours if we had slain them outright."

Shayuri

First Post
"I say lets not make a new problem if we don't have to. The Sootscales aren't bothering anyone right now. Lets leave it at that. In fact..."

Kyria's eyes went to the patch of radishes thoughtfully and dug up her limited supply of knowledge about kobolds.

They're diggers, aren't they? Miners, kind of? Not much for farming, or they wouldn't be tussling over wild radishes.

"...in fact, maybe we can help each other out."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well..." She nods at the kobolds. "I don't know anything about the Sootscales, but they're clearly not much for farming, even if they appreciate a good vegetable. But they're well-established here, and probably have extensive burrows underground. Our first priority when setting up here will be farms. If we farm a little extra, maybe we can trade it to the Sootscales for ores and things from underground. It will be some time before we're ready to do extensive mining on our own."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The prince looks thoughtful. "That certainly has possibilities. If we can convince the scalyfolk to become traders. The day is getting long and we still have the bandits to sort out. Rhote, Kyria, I will spare them for your sake. But know that our decision may come back to harm us or others if we're wrong." He turns to address the kobolds. "My companions have asked that I cease this attack and leave you and your brethren alone in hopes of better relations in the future. I hope that they are not wrong and that it won't all end in violence. We will go our way and let you go yours."

Scotley

Hero
The Kobolds seem relieved but wary. "We go then. You no steal radishes?" They begin gathering up their baskets to leave. The good news is that the time you've spent here has allowed you to get reoriented and you have a pretty good idea which way the bandit camp is from here.

Kaodi

Hero
When Pixie sees Liam riding back through the trees she slowly picks herself up off the ground, not making eye contact. Without a word she climbs into the saddle of her mount and stays relatively still, apparently waiting for the received "wisdom" of the glorious Prince.

Remove ads