• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] Pathfinder RPG PDF errors

Thorindale

First Post
I was just leafing through this PDF and noticed that page 548 is missing (it can be found inbetween 552 & 553).

I was wondering if/when this can be corrected (I'm sure this will get looked at after GenCon).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Anguish

First Post
There are a lot of issues with the PDF. The bookmarks are insane for instance. Paizo has a long habit of revising their PDF documents (and e-mail anyone who bought them) as things deserve change. I'm sure that the fantastic PDF will get improved further.

I say fantastic for a reason. The degree of internal hyperlinking is really, really high. In spells, you can click on other spell names to jump to them. Conditions, same thing. Heck, if something calls for a "saving throw", you can click on that text and it jumps you to the section of the rules on saves. Skills, spells, conditions... it's very nice.

That being said, it's incomplete and flawed in places. I'm absolutely convinced that Paizo kept jazzing up this PDF until release time today and had to leave some projects incomplete. I'd expect a revised copy every once in a while steadily getting better.

As for the errata, yes, that's evidently integrated. That doesn't mean the actual document itself is without flaws.

I would thoroughly recommend anyone on the fence pick this one up. For $10 it's a tremendously interesting product, even from a game-design standpoint. Folks who have moved to 4e can still enjoy looking at how things have been improved. Very cool, Paizo.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
We are all at Gen Con at the moment, so it'll most likely be some time mid to late next week before we can update the PDF to take care of problems like this. But rest assured we will do so, and we will email everyone who bought and let them know that an updated file is ready.

We are committed to having a completely awesome PDF, and will work tirelessly until we have achieved that goal.

Thanks for checking out the game!

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

Well the PDF is not a smidge on the AWESOMENESS of the book, the Dire Book (TM). Once the bookmaking and hyperlinking is sorted this is going to be a great resource.

But I also noticed when you click on any of the developers notes bookmarks there is nothing there. Are they left overs from the BETA or are they hidden and you have to click on or....? I am using Foxit Reader so maybe a Foxit error?

I'm glad to see that there is a lot of hyperlinking. That's one of the things I hate about a lot of gaming PDF's. They never seem to use enough hyperlinking and indexing. When those 2 things are done right it can make using a PDF a much better experience than a hard copy, especially for books/PDF's with large page counts.

The hyperlinking is probably the main reason I almost solely use the Hypertext D20 SRD for checking up rules when I'm on my computer.

Olaf the Stout

kitsune9

Adventurer
We are all at Gen Con at the moment, so it'll most likely be some time mid to late next week before we can update the PDF to take care of problems like this. But rest assured we will do so, and we will email everyone who bought and let them know that an updated file is ready.

We are committed to having a completely awesome PDF, and will work tirelessly until we have achieved that goal.

Thanks for checking out the game!

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

Thank you for giving us an awesome game.

SolitonMan

Explorer
Thank you for giving us an awesome game.

+1. :)

Related to this topic, is the reason that the PDF is released in a secured state so that watermarking can't be removed? When I saw problems with the bookmarks I wanted to change them and add a few of my own, then noticed that I couldn't edit the document.

If the watermarking is the issue, that's cool, but if not I know I'd personally appreciate the ability to mark up my PDF to support my personal gaming style.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads