• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC

hewligan

First Post
All - sorry for the various delays over the past two weeks. I have had the aforementioned holiday, followed at short notice by a 3 day business trip to Berlin, and finally I have a professional exam (today - Friday) that has been consuming vast amounts of free time.

The good news is that you are all still with me, and by 1pm today the exam and everything else is behind me, and I don't have another business trip or holiday planned for quite a few weeks.

Thanks for your patience!

Rhun

First Post
Hewligan...if Jovik survives his crazy tumble attmept and kills Gogmurt, please change Danth's attack to the cat. :D

Fenris

Adventurer
Rhun said:
Hewligan...if Jovik survives his crazy tumble attmept and kills Gogmurt, please change Danth's attack to the cat. :D

Hey it wasn't that crazy. I needed a 6 or higher. I rolled a 5. Go figure.

hewligan

First Post
First of all, I just wondered how Friadoc had got on at the interview - let us know, but if the news wasn't good - keep up your spirits. I remember after my postgrad getting to the point of desperation looking for a job at a time when thousands were getting laid off in the City. I found one in the end, but had to take a pay cut from what I made before I did my Postgrad. With hindsight, the job I took was a fantastic step and I am now very fortunate. Anyway, big diversion, but GOOD LUCK!

Second of all, apologies for the slight delay over the past few days. My life is a bit manic at the moment. I have my mother staying, my wife is due to give birth to our second child any day now (due date is 19th June), and at work I am doing 2 jobs at the moment, one of which is establishing (and running) a new unit. I am exhausted. There is also likely to be a few days when I just fall off the radar at some point over the next 2 weeks when the child finally decides to arrive.

Rhun

First Post
As I often say: relax, and take your time. We'll be here. I'd much prefer you proceed at a pace you can handle then for you to get burnt out with the game and end it.

hewligan

First Post
Rhun said:
As I often say: relax, and take your time. We'll be here. I'd much prefer you proceed at a pace you can handle then for you to get burnt out with the game and end it.

Oh no - I love the game and it will get finished as long as at least 1 player hangs around for the end. I am not even close to burning out on this yet, it is just that my free time is measured in minutes, not hours :D

Friadoc

Explorer
Sorry for the lateness in me, but it's been a fun time.

Anyhow, the interview went very well, I think, as it was roughly an hour long, with lots of good interviewing from both my future boss and myself.

Overall I think I've secured the job, but I won't know for a week or so; the interview ended with the future boss going over the benefits package with me and how the company handles vacation and sick time.

So, hopefully, I'll get this job and at a good rate of pay. The people seem good, as does the work, but only time will tell.

But, if I don't get the job, I actually have another offer sitting in front of me for a job, guarenteed, but the pay is less.

I'd much rather have the job that puts me in the position I was three years ago, as I like Tier 2 work and I'm tired of starting over all the time.

Although, right now, I really just need money, as I'm a gnats fart away from being flat broke, a month late on the rent, and getting kicked out of the place I live.

*shrugs*

But, it's all good and should work out just fine.

hewligan

First Post
The game is slowing down a bit at the moment -rather sporadic posting from some. I am going to have to crack on with things now and start temporarily assuming control of characters.

Friadoc

Explorer
I'll do my best to post steady, but I've no issue, either, with hewligan moving Kael along, either.

I'll do my best, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads