• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC

hewligan

First Post
Well, it is pretty clear on the rules front: 4-0 to Pathfinder RPG. I will post details on how I want you to move across shortly.

In terms of location, it was 2-1-1 for ENWorld, Paizo, Yahoo Groups. ENWorld wins. I guess we just keep our eyes open to any future instability and be aware that if the site does get ultra-flakey again then we will move, but for now, we stay.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Rhun

First Post
In terms of location, it was 2-1-1 for ENWorld, Paizo, Yahoo Groups. ENWorld wins. I guess we just keep our eyes open to any future instability and be aware that if the site does get ultra-flakey again then we will move, but for now, we stay.

Yes, I'd definitely like to give ENWorld another 3 months. I know Morrus is making some changes, and hopefully he will get enough community supporters to justify everything he wants to do. If after the new year we are still having site issues, I will seriously consider playing this game elsewhere instead.

hewligan

First Post
Converting to Pathfinder RPG for Hook Mountain Massacre

Paizo provide a FREE Pathfinder Roleplaying Conversion Guide download on their website. Yes, it does require you create an account, but it is free and provides the best route available for us to convert your characters to PRPG.

Please follow this guide, but with one change: DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIONAL POINTS TO YOUR ATTRIBUTES (so ignore the table at the top of page 4). The reason for this is that I already have a house-rule in play here that gives you +1 to any attribute every even level, so you are actually exactly in-line with a Pathfinder PC by level 6 anyhow.

LEVEL UP

Please also level up to level 7, except for Kael, who remains level 6 for the time being. There is an SRD online for Pathfinder HERE. Use this to help level up, or to tweak your conversion if you wish a bit more information and control.

For Kael - please feel free to select ANY sorcerer bloodline, but please also post an in-game explanation of how and why it applies so that I can incorporate it as flavour in the game.

Remember to add all new equipment and treasure (after donations/gifts/magic purchases/etc.).

Any questions at all, please post here, and feel free to throw out ideas, etc.

Rhun

First Post
It will be this weekend before I have any time to look into the conversion. But I assume it is going to take everyone a little bit of time! :D

hewligan

First Post
It will be this weekend before I have any time to look into the conversion. But I assume it is going to take everyone a little bit of time! :D

I am guessing it will be a couple of weeks before the next adventure starts fully. I still have some work today re-jigging the adventure, and I am sure that updating the characters will take at least a week or more. There are going to be lots of issues/questions with conversion - it is harder than just starting fresh, but these characters are too cool to jettison!

Rhun

First Post
Agreed. I like each and everyone of our PCs, and the way they have developed over the last couple of adventures.

Fenris

Adventurer
I am guessing it will be a couple of weeks before the next adventure starts fully. I still have some work today re-jigging the adventure, and I am sure that updating the characters will take at least a week or more. There are going to be lots of issues/questions with conversion - it is harder than just starting fresh, but these characters are too cool to jettison!

They are too cool to jettison indeed. Actually I am almost done. But Rogues are easy to convert. I suspect Kael will be the hardest to convert. My big thing was the skills, having to re-do those with adding and deleting anfd changing the ranks and what not. But I think I am all done expect for my feat and rogue talents.

So I put it to the group (again): What should I take? I haven't played many rogues. Now Sneak Attack now works against undead (a little late ;) ) and other things, so I want to maximze that. But in a few levels I will get two attacks per round and that messes up feinting. here are my three ideas:

Option 1: Dodge, Mobility, And Spring Attack -get in close and stab to gain flanking bonuses and minimize damage.

Option 2: Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Defense and maybe Weapon Focus- this lets me get in a second shot when I can to have a second attack with sneak attack. By 9th level with Improved TWF, I can have 4 attacks.

Option 3: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, precise Shot,- become a archer at times. Kael is our primary range guy right now. This would back him up. Shoot at distance to get the drop and then as I close go back to the dagger.

Option 4: Dagger master: Point Blank Shot, Rapid shot and Quick draw- Eventually this would stack with TWF, but throw daggers like crazy. Two daggers a round until I close.

I am almost leaning towards option 2. This lets me feint when alone to gain sneak attack, but if I get the drop on them, or an flanking I have two chances for that nice sneak attack damage (4d6 now). Since Jovik tends to end up with Jokad on the front line (I am still not sure how or why that happened- I blame that first goblin I went toe to toe with at Sandpoint)

But as always I want my team mates advice, how can Jovik best help the group?

frostrune

First Post
Looking at some of my conversion stuff now. PF seems very cool. I have a re-spec question for Hew...

Imp. unarmed strike has never seemed to work out like I hoped. I'd like to drop it and choose something else if that is OK? Probably Great cleave.

Also, previous incarnations of the RGR forced you to take 1 of 2 options at 2nd level: two weapon fighting or rapid shot. PF provides more options and I'd prefer to go with Quick draw. Therefore Jokad would no longer be a two weapon fighter (never have anyway) and go with quick draw. The logic is thus... with this new cool spear I see my first round of attack probably throwing this thing and maybe invoking the Pulse of despair. Quickly snatch out my sword and I am ready for rd 2 without wasting a move action and thus losing my iterative attack.

Assuming you are OK with all the above, final feat selection for Jokad would most likely be:

Totem Spirit - 1st regional
Power Attack - 1st
Cleave - 1st human bonus
Iron Will - 3rd
Great Cleave - 5th
Quick Draw - RGR bonus
Vital Strike - 7th

Fenris - two weapon fighting is bad a$$, but mobility and spring attack might keep you alive longer. Tough call there.

Friadoc - I know you asked for our thoughts as well but I haven't even treid looking at the magic sections yet. Too much for my puny brain. Sorry.

hewligan

First Post
Assuming you are OK with all the above, final feat selection for Jokad would most likely be:

Absolutely - fine by me, and in perfect keeping with the way he has been played to date, so go for it.

Fenris - two weapon fighting is bad a$$, but mobility and spring attack might keep you alive longer. Tough call there.

One thing to note is that rogues now get 1d8, so survivability should be a little better toe-to-toe for Jovik.

Note, as before, when determining hit-points you round up the mid-point of the dice (except full at 1st), so 1d4=3, 1d6=4,1d8=5,1d10=6,etc.....

Friadoc definitely has the hardest job with Kael, but we are all here to offer him advise.

frostrune

First Post
Hew,

I think I have Jokad updated to PF and ready to roll. Where do you want the stats posted? Here, the RG thread, or elsewhere? Are we moving this game?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads