• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder RPG beta - updates?

Elodan

Adventurer
I would have posted to the Paizo boards but I think it would get lost in the signal to noise ratio.

Does anyone know what plans (if any) there are to release changes to the Pathfinder RPG beta rules based on playtest feedback, such as the barbarian's rage system. Are they going to just release them as Design Diaries in the forums or are there plans to compile a PDF once in a while?

Thanks.

Wind Runner

First Post
James has already posted the PDF for the prestige classes. As for the updates based on the community feedback, he is posting the updates as [Design Focus] threads so they are quite easy to find. As far as I can see so far he has released newer versions of Paladin, Barbarian rage system, Animal Companions, and I am thinking that there is another but can't remember at this time. If I can figure out how to post attachments, I would post what I have (Jame's posts only) and will later if you would like (and I figure out how - no time atm :( )

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Right now there are no plans to update the free PDF with developments from the playtest. You can find all of that stuff on the message boards in the Design Forum threads, as mentioned.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

Elodan

Adventurer
James has already posted the PDF for the prestige classes. As for the updates based on the community feedback, he is posting the updates as [Design Focus] threads so they are quite easy to find. As far as I can see so far he has released newer versions of Paladin, Barbarian rage system, Animal Companions, and I am thinking that there is another but can't remember at this time. If I can figure out how to post attachments, I would post what I have (Jame's posts only) and will later if you would like (and I figure out how - no time atm :( )

Thanks.

I'm sure it'd be helpful to people, but don't go out of your way on my account. I just wanted to know if there was a central place to look (I'm thinking of giving Pathfinder RPG a whirl).

Last edited:

Wind Runner

First Post
Quite frankly, I think that Paizo and Pathfinder might be one of the things that might keep this hobby going. I know there ppl who disagree, but like I said, that is my opinion. Not the only ones by any means, but one of the leaders.

I have been recommending this game to any who listen, and definitely think you should give it a go too.

Okay, so much for the gushing over Pathfinder....

here is a zip of posts on Jason's current thoughts on Paladins, Barbarian Rage and Animal Companions. You will need to read the Design Forums to get the reactions and inputs to them and other stuff.

View attachment Updates.zip

Here is hoping to see you there :)

azhrei_fje

First Post
But...

Right now there are no plans to update the free PDF with developments from the playtest. You can find all of that stuff on the message boards in the Design Forum threads, as mentioned.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing
This is true. But finding those threads is tough using the messageboard software @ paizo.com. :(

I've used the search function for "design focus", but it brings up a bunch of hits that don't apply. And there's no way (that I could see) to specify "title only", for example. The search results were a little better with "design focus james", but not by much. :(

I've seen other comments on your boards nit-picking the forum software, so I'm sure this is a known issue. It would be great if your software provided some kind of "meta-categories" so that a new board area called "pf design focus" existed that contained the exact same thread as the other forums, but collected them all in one place. (Sort of like shortcuts on Windows or symbolic links on Unix systems.)

Just my $0.02.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads