• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder RPG]Twin Empires Campaign Path

Rugult

On Call GM
Having already posted briefly about this on my blog, I figured I would open up the floodgates to the ENworld forums. :devil:

I've started work on my next Pathfinder campaign well in advance, having gone so far as to create the framework for both a Players/Game Masters guide. Much like ENworld's own War of the Burning Sky, and Paizo's Pathfinder Adventure Paths, I've taken the idea of giving out the player's a booklet beforehand so they get a feel for the adventure beginnings. The Game Master's guide is more of a booklet for overview information, but there are some new feats/spells hidden in there as well.

Right now both books are really unfinished, a rough draft of campaign documentation I've assembled so far, but I really would like feedback on it thus far.

To describe the actual campaign setting as a whole I’ll paraphrase my roomate’s thoughts.

“The world has had its great apocalypse. The people survived, and now it’s about picking up the pieces.”

A very simple description, but one I thought quite apt. Essentially the campaign takes place about a thousand years after the major races (humans, elves, dwarves, etc) overthrew four dark evils; the Protoviles. Following their war with the Protoviles, several heroes of the war ascended and became the first gods for the world. So it has only been about a thousand years since gods were first ‘created’ and in the intervening years the world has slowly started the process of recovering from the deadly war.

Twin Empires revolves around (believe it or not), two Empires who once fought together against the Protoviles, but are now on rather terse terms. The magical nation of Lamore, is a rigid magocracy in which a council of high magisters (each representing a school of magic) presides over all major decisions. The Valaheim Republic is a grouping of several smaller nations, brought together for fear of Lamore expansion. With Lamore’s powerful magics, and Valaheim’s strong industrial and technological base, it is only a matter of time before conflict erupts between these Twin Empires.

The players come from the island of Tyra, located near the center of a long archipelago that bridges Lamore and Valaheim; the Chain of Tears. Tyra can basically be described as a ‘near perfect’ tropical island, with one small central village and bustling port activity. It exists as a separate entity from the twin empires but most citizens realize that their time of independence may be running short. Even with this sad realization, trade continues on the island, nominally headed by the local church of Xemen; god of merchants and trade.

When the campaign begins, the players are thrust into the middle of the political arena as Lamore comes ashore in search of something lost to them. This item becomes the crux of the campaign; leading the players on a quest that takes them to all of the nearby kingdoms in an effort to stop the war between Lamore & Valaheim.

Attachments

• Twin Empires Companion.pdf
    141.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Twin Empires DM Companion.pdf
    86.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Rugult

On Call GM
Update Jan 30th

Twin Empires Companion

• Fixed various grammatical and spelling mistakes.
  • Added "Designer's Notes" for various portions of the document
  • Tweaked the Introduction slightly

Rugult

On Call GM
Update Jan 30th

Twin Empires Game Master Companion

• Fixed various grammatical and spelling mistakes.
  • Added "Designer's Notes" for Necro-Knight Feats

Rugult

On Call GM
Been a while since an update. Nothing to the two precursor guides, but I do have some stats to share from the first adventure:

Dread Orc CR 1

Always CE Medium Humanoid (Orc)
Init +0; Perception +2
Languages Common, Orc
AC 13 (+3 Studded Leather Armor), touch 10, flat-footed 13
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5hp)
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will -2
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +4 Flail (1d8+3)
Base Atk +1; CMB +4
Combat Options: Unnatural Appearance
Abilities Str 17, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 7, Cha 6
SQ Darkvision 60ft,
Feats Alertness
Skills Perception +2
Tactics
During Combat: Dread Orcs typically charge forward in a large mob, yelling and shouting hoping to panic enemies with their Unnatural Appearance ability, and then proceed to pick off the remainder.
Morale: Dread Orcs own self-mutilation practice gives them a certain joy for pain, and unless ordered will fight until slain.
Light Sensitivity (ex): Dread Orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
Carnal Craving (ex): When Dread Orcs overcome a foe by killing or knocking them out, they must make a will save (DC 11) or spend their next action desecrating the corpse. During this action, the Dread Orc must spend a standard and move action performing the desecration. This act usually consists of landing a coup de grace or collecting grisly trophies from the fallen body.
Unnatural Appearance (ex): Dread Orcs are terrifying creatures who spend much time performing self mutilation. When first viewing a Dread Orc in combat, anyone within 30-foot radius of the Dread Orc must succeed a DC 13 will save or be panicked for one round. Characters can only be affected once by this ability in a 24 hour period.

Remove ads