[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker IC continued.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rhote smirks at this offer and says, "Well, my new friend, I do like the idea of some fresh fish and a safe place to rest and enjoy it. You catch it and I'll cook it." The last he says with flames dancing along the palm of his opened hand. He supported going to the Sootscales right away since the alternative was to go to the cave the group rested in before, but he was reluctant for the kobold to discover their other resting place and the mineral veins found there. Taking the idol all the way back through several days of travel to the outpost, resting, then returning to the kobolds seemed foolish and unnecessary to Rhote as the idol already attracted violent attention and should be gotten rid of as fast as possible. The Sootscale location was a good alternative for resting up if the party could seem formidable enough for the kobolds to respect their power.

Scotley

Hero
Mikmek's injuries and short legs do not make for a rapid journey, but he proceeds gamely and you manage to cover the 6 miles to the Sootscales' camp before dark. An outcropping of large boulders emerges from the weathered face of a nearby hillock. A narrow opening in the rock leads into darkness below. A fallen sign leans against the side of the cave entrance, and a cage made of branches and sticks sits on the other side.

Scotley

Hero
Mikmek scratches his cheek thoughtfully, "Sign? Mikmek no time for reading. Has been here since Kobolds move in I guess." As you get nearer you see there is a creature in the cage trying to squeeze into what shadows exist there. The stick cage contains a single, sobbing mite—his eyes squinted tightly shut against the light of the day. He hisses and spits at you. Mikmek kicks at the cage. "Show respect for allies of the Sootscales!" he shouts at the prisoner. "You treated better than me. Your kind killed helpless prisoners. So shut your hole."

[sblock=If you brush the grime from the sign]The fallen sign is weathered and bears a few faded words: “Oaktop Silver Mine.” In a Taldan script.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rhote takes his hand and wipes the grime off the sign, and hesitates a moment as he processes the information. Finally he says, "Alright Mikmek. Go ahead and lead on, please, so we might return your people's treasure."

Shayuri

First Post
Kyria brushes the sign clear and murmurs the words to herself quietly.

Silver mine. I wonder if the kobolds know what they're squatting in.

She looks around at the others, and quickly gestures with a finger to her lips, hoping they won't read the sign aloud. The kobolds might not be literate enough to read it. And having that knowledge over them might be handy in negotiations.

Remove ads