[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker IC continued.

Kaodi

Hero
Rather than belabour the point of how insufferable she finds pests like kobolds and mites, Pixie opts to change tactics and pretend that she is doing something other than venturing into the filthy nest of the creatures for parley, of all things. Of course, being the somewhat deranged type, this does not prove to be much of a challenge.

She sniffs at the air, puts her hands behind her back and hums a bit as she makes a show of moseying over to the sign to see what it says now that the others have rubbed it off. Silver mine? she thinks to herself, interest suddenly piqued. The shinier the better, I say! Not sure I care for having to dig it out of the ground myself... Pixie absently kicks at the ground as if to test its providence.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Liam strides along confidently with the others towards the Kobold's nest. He glowers a bit at the sight of another filthy hole in the ground, but at least the rocky pile looks a little drier than the muddy pit under the tree. He stops and takes a moment to straighten his gear and brush the mud and dirt off. "I should have a banner." he says to himself aloud. "Something regal, representative of my rule."
He barely gives the mite a glance, not caring what the two warring races do to each other. He moves to the fore of the group to follow the kobold into the pit.

Scotley

Hero
As you enter Mikmek calls out to a Kobold beyond a door of iron bars, "Coming in!" The Kobold pull three ropes tied into nooses and you hear a metallic 'click' from somewhere under the floor. He leads you down into a very narrow tunnel that is tight for a Kobold much less an armored human (must squeeze to pass). Beyond this narrow section the tunnel widens to a more comfortable width. The tunnel is a lest cut for a man to walk comfortably upright and it is dry. Mikmek leads down the long left curving tunnel past two passages that lead left before finally taking the third left. Your best guess is that you have come halfway around a circle and are now moving north back in the direction of the entrance.

OOC: Who is carrying the idol of old Sharptooth? Did you let Mikmek have it?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
After consulting his companions the Prince agrees to be the bearer of the idol. After searching various packs and bundles he locates the idol and tucks it safely under one arm. He gestures to Mikmek to indicate he is ready to proceed.

Scotley

Hero
The air in this large cave feels warm and close, thick with a reptilian stink mixed with smoke and burnt meat. Numerous beds of furs lie scattered throughout the room amid smoldering cookfires, while to the south, a ten-foot-wide alcove contains a large mound of furs framed by dozens of sticks on which are mounted the skulls of many birds and small animals, all smeared with ash. About half a dozen Kobolds are here. One particularly imposing figure bedecked in an assortment of skulls, bones, teeth, feathers, semi-precious stones and silver jewelry seems to be holding a council of war with some of the Kobolds. He has a bone club in one hand and a ceremonial staff of some sort in the other. Upon seeing tall folk enter he is instantly on his guard and waves his club the other Kobold's jump to attention and begin grabbing weapons. Mikmek steps forward and speaks quickly in his own language. As he finishes speaking he points at Prince Liam.

[sblock=Draconic speakers only]Oh great chief Sootscale, I humble Mikmek bring most joyous news. These tall ones are heroes of the war. They slay all the Mites and take back great idol of Old Sharptooth. They come to make treaty and return our idol. Curse is lifted. Rejoice! We can have feasting and dancing? Prince of their people has idol.[/sblock]

Whatever he says it brings excitement to the assembled Kobolds and they begin to whoop and bang their weapons together. The chief however continues to look grave. He steps up to Prince Liam and holds out a hand. He speaks in heavily accented common. "You would return idol? Please to hand over."

Attachments

• chief sootscale.jpg
    chief sootscale.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 133

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Prince Liam greets him in the common tongue. "I am Prince Liam of Chelias." Mentally he adds a Herald to announce him to his list. "We've slain your enemies the Mites, under the rotten tree, and brought this back. Also Mikmek who was their prisoner." He holds the idol out for their chief.

Scotley

Hero
Chief Sootscale takes the statue gingerly with a nod of thanks. He holds the statue in his hands with a fierce look of concentration, as if he were making a particularly difficult decision. Finally, he shrieks in triumph, holds the statue over his head, and then smashes it down onto the ground, shattering it. The other Kobolds in the room freeze in shock while Sootscale, a frantic grin on his snout, thanks the PCs for “freeing us from this curse” and then encourages them to come with him to “kill the usurper.” He raises his weapon and heads up the corridor motioning you all to join him. Mikmek is at first stunned, but he snatches up a rusty flail and follows his chief. The others move more slowly.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Brondelleon stares at the shattered idol with his tilted to one side as a curious cat would look at something. he then follows when he sees Liam leave.

Remove ads