• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder - sell me

Crothian

First Post
List of things that used to suck in 3.5 and no longer suck thanks to Pathfinder (not exhaustive since I have not seen final rules, in no particular order)

For me and my group we never had issues with most of those. And the idea of keeping the rules in print is not that big of a deal either. I have the books, most of the used books stores around me have plenty of copies (heck the Gaming stores all seem to have them, too) and I have them on PDF.

I'm curious to see the final product but so far there hasn't been anything that makes it a must get.

ProfessorPain

First Post
The Pathfinder RPG updates and revises some of the trouble spots in the 3.5 rules set, such as class disparity, grapple, polymorph, and a host of others. A lot of the classes have been given a good deal of versatility, allowing them to be a bit more customized to the player's concept. The final book is 576 pages, full color and retails for $49.99 (including all the info for players and GMs, but not monsters). As of August, all of the Paizo products will convert to support the Pathfinder RPG. In addition, we have over 40 other publishers signed up to support the game, using the Pathfinder Compatibility License.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions...

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

I have been doing a Campaign with the Beta version, and I have to say, I like it so far. How many changes can we expect in the final version? Will it be supported by a line of modules? (one of the reasons I jumped on board with Pathfinder was because of Paizo's experience putting out adventures through Dungeon Magazine).

Wicht

Hero
I have been doing a Campaign with the Beta version, and I have to say, I like it so far. How many changes can we expect in the final version? Will it be supported by a line of modules? (one of the reasons I jumped on board with Pathfinder was because of Paizo's experience putting out adventures through Dungeon Magazine).

As of August, all their modules and APs will utilize the new system. That's basically one AP a month and a module every other month I believe.

Kunimatyu

First Post
The Pathfinder RPG updates and revises some of the trouble spots in the 3.5 rules set, such as class disparity

Gotta say, from my readthrough of the Beta, I remain utterly unconvinced on this one. Maybe it'll be true in the final version.

I do notice there is no claim that high-level (15-20th) play has been made less complex, which is probably a wise retraction -- the math of 3.5 and the issues of high-level play aren't really something you can disentangle.

I am wondering what/if any classes get nerfed? CoDzilla? And how much gnashing of teeth will result.
Still I am looking forward to reading this, if not playingit.

Aus_Snow

First Post
if you like 3e, and you like Paizo's approach to things in general, I suspect you (and likewise, I) will like PFRPG, or 3.pf, whichever. If you have some quibbles with the standard core, their fixes might work for you. Check out the free beta, for a bit of an idea. Mind you, the finished product is apparently a fair bit different, and in some ways closer to 3e again. It is intended to be highly compatible, and somewhat less fuss or hassle to run, even at higher levels. I don't know to what extent that's true, but 'some extent' seems reasonable, for now. :)

Um, not much else to add, given it's still not out there. You could always wait for reviews and stuff. . .?

lutecius

Explorer
I am wondering what/if any classes get nerfed? CoDzilla? And how much gnashing of teeth will result.
I don't think anything got nerfed. It's more about bringing other classes up to CoD level. On the whole there's a slight power bump in the Beta, but nothing like 4e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads