• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder - sell me

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
couldn't we fix this by not allowing +1 caster level prestige classes...that way you have to choose cosmic power spells, or class features...instead of making every wizard MORE powerful...

You certainly could not allow the +1/level prestige classes, but then you severely nerf (potentially) dozens (hundreds?) of arcane prestige classes so as to make them a completely unattractive option. And since 3.5-compatibility is a design goal, altering the prestige classes like this just would not work.

Again, the idea is to increase keeping the base class interesting past a certain level for those that also allow/play with prestige classes.

Also, a wizard is all but useless in an anti-magic field, or against a high-SR creature. A fighter...isn't. :) Good adventures will allow both to shine.

can someone tell me what makes this the best $60 I can spend?

Well I can tell you that it's between $49.99 and $31.49 (at amazon).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Core-Rulebook/dp/1601251505/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241842162&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Core Rulebook: Jason Bulmahn: Books[/ame]

Not bad for spending $60.

(No offense, BTW. Just messing around. :lol:)

PaizoCEO

First Post
The fact that even the Paizo CEO is so responsive to questions on the Paizo messageboards is amazing to me. The whole crew there really seem to strive to make customer satisfaction a top priority.

And, of course, the CEO is a gamer (and collector) too, so she's got that going for her...which is nice.

Hey, I represent that! But seriously, thanks for the nice shout out. Gaming has always been a strong passion of mine and we've gathered like-minded individuals at Paizo. I am really happy with the way the PFRPG has come out and can't wait to switch my campaign over.

-Lisa

Treebore

First Post
The golf bag of weapons was gone in the BETA, I can tell you that. So that's DR handled at least, with a power boost to the fighter by eliminating a cash drain.

?? Oh yeah? Totally missed that! Guess thats what happens when you only read through rules rather than play them!:eek:

I will definitely have to run a PF game once I get the rule book, just so I can see for myself how well it does or does not play. I'm definitely not one of those gifted gamers who can see how a game plays just by reading through the rules. I'm one of the "stupid" people who has to actually play with the rules to see how it plays.

ProfessorPain

First Post
The small changes, even in the beta, seemed to make difference in the campaign I'm playing. I played a rogue and a wizard. My only concern is the skill description was a little confusing (the text regarding skill points was a touch amibguous). But I am guessing that'll be fixed in the final version. On the whole, I like it. My wizard is at 8th level, and everything is okay so far. No idea how it will play out at higher levels. The fighter in our game rocks. We are the same level, and he dishes out a ton of damage. There doesn't seem to be any imbalance right now between the martial classes and the spellcasters.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Because it has an absolutely awesome campaign setting associated with it. And a totally awesome cosmology. Not that I'm biased or anything.
shemmywink.gif

smug

First Post
Are you guys going to address the over use of DR, resistances, and immunities now, or later?

I'm godamned glad they made nearly everything crittable (and therefore sneak-attackable, although the causality wasn't clear in the Beta because the crittability bit wasn't mentioned). Now if only they'd allow elemental evocations to avoid SR and remove the dice caps on them, I could blow some stuff up.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
How is it gone?

High plus weapons (+3 and over) overcome various kinds of DR that otherwise require special properties.

For me, this is an entirely sufficient fix since I never found the "golf bag" of weapons to be a significant problem. This fixes a minor issue with a useful fix.

Remove ads