[Pathfinder] The Fog of War

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Well, that's good to hear. I'd rather not kill the game, my erratic behavior notwithstanding. So, cool! I'll get my act together and get this game back on track (get it? track? y'all are on a train?) before the weekend's done.

:D

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Uh oh. Gun crossbow! I could jump that gap ... if I'm lucky. Might fall through and get run over. Then I'd have to draw my blade and strike him. Think I'll play for time instead, and go with the bow.

Jon draws his his bow and knocks an arrow. "Think! Monkeys don't grow on trees. Ancient weapons? Circus!"

Slightly dazed Sam staggers to his feet and stumbles a bit as he starts running after the train again. Feeling a little woozy he cries "What? Of course monkies grow up in trees... oh yes I see. NEVER MIND MR. NAZI!"

The guard confronting Jon and Sam almost looks ready to buy the circus story, but them a harsh call comes from behind the two adventurers.

"What the devil? William! Shoot them!"

The other guard farther back on the train has risen unsteadily to his feet and swinging his rifle in the direction of Sam and Jon. Violence now seems inevitable.

OOC: Y'all get first actions. Piedra and Mellisande are still down on the side of the train.

kinem

Adventurer
Damn! Nazis or no, somehow it doesn't seem right to start the violence. Does this guard know this is a death train? Does he believe the lies his leaders have fed him?

Reluctantly, Jon releases his arrow at the man he'd been talking to.

He then draws another arrow, and drops prone to help dodge the bolts from the gun crossbows.

ooc: 14 to hit, 5 dam

ghostcat

First Post
"Come on Mellisande, lets get to the top and help the others." Piedra says as he starts to climb the ladder on the side of the carriage. Just then the carriage swayed and it is all he could do to just stay on the train.

[sblock=Mechanics]Climb train ladder (1d20+2=4)[/sblock]

Andor

First Post
Flailing his arms as he tries to run after the train Sam manages to snag his arm on a climbing rung and finds himself once again being dragged alongside the train with his feet grateing along the gravel and thumping over railroad ties. "And these were new boots too!" he thinks dazedly to himself. Mr Chitters does a backflip in confusion at what to do without Sam.

Still rolling like crap = Climb check of 7.
Monkey shows Sam up again = 21

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Train Fight! (Round 1)

Damn! Nazis or no, somehow it doesn't seem right to start the violence. Does this guard know this is a death train? Does he

believe the lies his leaders have fed him?

Reluctantly, Jon releases his arrow at the man he'd been talking to.

He then draws another arrow, and drops prone to help dodge the bolts from the gun crossbows.

The arrow sinks deep into the man's gut. He drops to his knees and then tumbles forward into the space between the train cars. Jon hits the deck just as the other guard raises his weapon and fires. The bullet whizzes by over Jon's head. The other guard is about twenty-five feet away toward the rear of the train, down on one knee, weapon braces against his shoulder.

"Come on, Mellisande, lets get to the top and help the others." Piedra says as he starts to climb the

ladder on the side of the carriage. Just then the carriage swayed and it is all he could do to just stay on the train.

Now with her hands and feet on the firm metal of the ladder, Mellisande climbs with more confidence. "Hurry up!" she urges. "They're starting without us!"

Piedra and Mellisande come up about half way between Jon and the other guard. The guard spots them, his aim wavering between the choice of targets. Then, farther toward the head of the train, Piedra sees two more soldiers climb into view, hunched over and walking cautiously to compensate for the cars' rocking motion, carrying their weapons across their chests.

Flailing his arms as he tries to run after the train Sam manages to snag his arm on a climbing rung and finds himself once again being dragged alongside the train with his feet grateing along the gravel and thumping over railroad ties. "And these were new boots too!" he thinks dazedly to himself. Mr Chitters does a backflip in confusion at what to do without Sam.

Shayuri

First Post
As Pierce gets up onto the top of the train's car (according to the OOC thread), Mellisande shimmies up after him, ready to clamber up right behind.

(will be atop the train next round, also as per OOC thread)

ghostcat

First Post
Once Piedra reaches to top of the ladder, he climbs onto roof, moves to the side (to allow the others to climb on the roof), drops flat to the floor and spread-eagles himself. Once in position he unships his crossbow and prepares to fire on one of the two new guards.

[sblock=OOC]This will probably take more than a round.[/sblock]

Andor

First Post
Sam finally reaches down and finds his inner monkey. He grabs the bar his arm is caught on and manages to shinny up to the top of the car. He flops over the edge and lays there gasping of as second. Mr. Chitters gives a squeak and runs over to him. "It's official." gasps Sam. "I hate trains."

OCC: Go for it Sam! Climb like a monkey! (1d20=18)

Remove ads