[Pathfinder] The Fog of War

kinem

Adventurer
That was too close!

Jon stands up, which he has to do in order to wield his longbow, and shoots his arrow at the nearest of the new guards. However, a sudden gust of wind blows the arrow off course.

I can see why they use those crazy crossbows - they come in handy on top of trains!

He considers dropping prone again - but doing so would drastically limit his own options for further attacks. A new plan begins to form in his mind ...

ooc: How far are the new guards, and is the guard to the rear of the train on the same car as Jon?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Hello!

I know it seems like I'm more of an AM* and a DM, but the continuing drama of my life continues. On the good news front, my daughter finally seems to be getting over the worst of her two-month long asthma problems.

On the bad news front, I'm out of work again, and looking for a new job. I'm pushing to return to teaching come next school year, but in the interim I'm likely going to be doing short-term grunt work off and on. I'm also waaaay behind with some writing projects for my Big March Product Release.

I'm pretty busy the rest of today, but I will have time to starting getting caught up (again) come tomorrow and into the weekend. In fact, I have no plans at all this weekend other than regular family and church stuff. Otherwise, I plan on writing, posting (which counts as writing), and maybe finishing off a bottle of single malt.

* AM = Apology Master :)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Train Fight! (Round 2)

Recap: Jon hits the deck just as the other guard raises his weapon and fires. The bullet whizzes by over Jon's head. The other guard is about twenty-five feet away toward the rear of the train, down on one knee, weapon braces against his shoulder. Piedra and Mellisande come up about half way between Jon and the other guard. The guard spots them, his aim wavering between the choice of targets. Then, farther toward the head of the train, Piedra sees two more soldiers climb into view, hunched over and walking cautiously to compensate for the cars' rocking motion, carrying their weapons across their chests.

[sblock=OOC]
At the start of the round, the guard to the rear of the train is on the next car back from Jon. The other two guards are three cars ahead of Jon toward the engine.
[/sblock]

That was too close!

Jon stands up, which he has to do in order to wield his longbow, and shoots his arrow at the nearest of the new guards. However, a sudden gust of wind blows the arrow off course.

I can see why they use those crazy crossbows - they come in handy on top of trains!

He considers dropping prone again - but doing so would drastically limit his own options for further attacks. A new plan begins to form in his mind ...

Once Piedra reaches to top of the ladder, he climbs onto roof, moves to the side (to allow the others to climb on the roof), drops flat to the floor and spread-eagles himself. Once in position he unships his crossbow and prepares to fire on one of the two new guards.

Moving with all possible haste, Piedra will be ready to fire in a few seconds.

[sblock=Piedra]
The way I read it for this round is Climb & Move & Drop Prone (move action) and Upship Crossbow (move action).
[/sblock]

As Piedra gets up onto the top of the train's car, Mellisande shimmies up after him, ready to clamber up right behind.

Sam finally reaches down and finds his inner monkey. He grabs the bar his arm is caught on and manages to shinny up to the top of the car. He flops over the edge and lays there gasping of as second. Mr. Chitters gives a squeak and runs over to him. "It's official." gasps Sam. "I hate trains."

Sam comes up onto the train farther toward the rear. The guard between him and the others hasn't seen him yet.

The guard closest to the others looks at Piedra working with his crossbow and at Jon with the longbow. He drops to one knees, aims, and fires at the Piedra. The rifle cracks! and a gouge appears in the train's roof not too far from Piedra's head. The guards advancing from the front of the train move cautiously, single file along the center of the car, until they reach the edge of the car. There they pause, arguing with each other, their words lost in the wind.

Y'all are up!

[sblock=Combat Block]
Initiative Order: Jon, Piedra, Mellisande, Sam, Nazi Guards
Piedra: uninjured
Jon: uninjured
Sam: uninjured
Mellisande: uninjured
Guards (3): uninjured
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Guard vs. Piedra: 1d20+4=10, 1d10=2.
[/sblock]

Andor

First Post
Lying on the corner of the train car's roof Sam contemplates his options. After all the trouble he went to getting up here falling off again is unappealing, and all too likely with the rocking, swaying motion of the train and the gusty wind. Then it occurs to him that those pistol thingys can be fired while prone, unlike a bow. He fishes the one Joseph gave him out of his belt pouch and lines it up on the guard in front of him. Now how did this work? Line up the front sight with the rear sights like this, squeeze the trigger... Mr. Chitters watches Sam manipulate this strange new toy with interest then screeches in dismay at the noise it makes.

[OCC] Draw weapon, Fire.
Modifiers Dex + BAB = 4, Unfamiliar with weapon -4
Shooting a Nazi = Gaming Gold (1d20=17) A hit! 17 to hit.
I have no idea what we're using for pistol damage, feel free to roll it for me.

kinem

Adventurer
Jon takes stock of the situation, realizing that he has very limited options. I wish I'd spent some time training how to jump.

So he shoots another arrow, at the guards towards the front of the train. The arrow hits a guard but not in any vital area.

ooc: arrow:20 to hit, 3 damage

Remove ads