• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder's Goblins

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
That is really cool.
Mouseferatu said:
Oh. Holy. Crap.

This is one of the coolest things I've read in months. These goblins sound so much cooler--and more "classic fantasy/fairy tale"--than the goblins as written about in the MM.

I intend to steal this for my own campaigns, and this has just made me that much more determined than ever to find some means of playing in Paizo's sandbox once submission guidelines for Pathfinder and Game Mastery go up.
Seconded on all accounts.

Nlogue

First Post
Yeah! I opened up the blog after rehearsal tonight expecting a little more background info and whatnot and instead found that gooey gobliny treat!!! I read it four or five times in a row, my sick giddiness mounting with each read-through! I want to play NOW! I want to run an adventure with goblins right NOW!!! Nickie want Goblins!!!

Sorry, that's just what happened to me when I read the blog. Truly inspiring stuff. Can't wait until tomorrow! Everyday is like Gamer Christmas!!!

Nyaricus

First Post
Those are frickin' cool!

Mouse, I agree - these are waaaay more classic fantasy Gobs then anyhting D&D has got - no longer are they simply another varient along the lines of goblins/hobgoblins/bugbears/orcs - all of which largely fill the same niche.

cheers,
--N

Mark Hope

Adventurer
They remind me of the sneaky singing goblins in Labyrinth, crossed with the vicious singing goblins of the Misty Mountains from The Hobbit. Very cool indeed.

DogBackward

First Post
That's actually very close to the feel of the goblins I've been using for a long time, though I'm gonna have to use the "horse/dog-hate" bit, that's just classic.

What I'm really, seriously lookin forward to, though, is a lot more of the art style. I dunno why, exactly, but this guy's art is my absolute favorite style of everything I've ever seen. I'd like a whole lot more of that, please.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Wayne Reynolds has been working on Third Edition D&D books since the start - and, with the possible exception of Dragons of Eberron, he's done a cover painting/internal spread for every Eberron hardcover to date.

I have his "Sharn: City of Towers" painting on my wall - one of the prints Wizards of the Coast were selling two years ago.

Given that he's painting at least the first twelve covers for Pathfinder - I'm ecstatic. He's absolutely my favourite artist that's ever worked on D&D.

naturaltwenty

Explorer
Publisher
Considering I converted my 11-issues left Dragon and 12 issues left Dungeon (I just re-subscribed a week ago) I'm excited by the art work.

Now I can't wait to get this thing via pdf so I can start the Pathfinder online game.

Later,

Greg Volz

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads