Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
No comment, Rhun, *ahem*. Very well, no need for any apologies, just flinging my 2 cents in where it isn't wanted. :) I'll leave you lot to it, then. Adieu!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Where Do We Go From Here?

OK, this first installment of the Serpent's Skull AP is very 'sandboxy' - meaning that you have a lot of choices to make as a party in regards to the order in which you do things. This also means that I'll often be waiting for y'all to tell me what you're doing next.

Because it can be hard to hold on to a plot as far reaching as those in such a long adventure, I'll do some meta-gaming here and lay a few things out for you:

There are plot hooks and clues to the story arc scattered around the island, but it's up to you to go looking and find them.

The plot device that will get you those clues is the idea that you're supposed to figure out how to survive being stranded here and to figure out how to get off the island. Along the way you should begin piecing together clues about what happened aboard the Jenivere and who is responsible for your current predicament.

Surviving being stranded on a tropical island presents some distinct dangers: Disease, starvation and exposure to the elements all add to the usual assortment of deadly critters and encounters.

There are NPCs stranded with you, but for various reasons from their backgrounds they won't be taking much initiative here - they'll need some direction from you. On the other hand, they won't automatically be cooperative either. It's up to you to decide if you want to bully them, cajole them, blow 'em off and let them go their own way, etc.

Just be aware that the choices you make now regarding these NPCs will be reflected in how the story plays out further along in the AP.

All this will be tough for me to keep up with as well, so I'm asking you guys to help me keep the story straight. I'll do my best to keep good notes and keep the OP site updated, but if something I say seems to contradict earlier stuff please ask me about it - it may be that you simply don't know everything that's been going on, or it may be that I've completely forgotten what I said earlier and screwed up. ;)

Don't forget that I've given each of you a 'Notes' page in the OP to take your own notes as well - there's a link to each of them in the sidebar on the main Wiki page, directly under the link to each character sheet.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Awesome about the Notes page I will certainly be using that.

As you may be aware I have started the Age of Worms AP and can feel you on the" What happens in module one will not come into play till module seven?!" How am I going to remember any of what went on. LOL

I am going through most of the modules and removing what I think are "buff encounters" to keep the story and flow but not the extras they put in to make sure characters are the correct lvl when they get to the next part.

I think you are doing that here to right. We aren't using XP but as we complete certain parts we will lvl up as the story unfolds.

Oh and to keep the GP/lvl I will add extra gold here and there and move treasure from one encounter into another - just so you know.

So What do we do next you ask?

I say HAVE FUN!! :p

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Going to post up tonight. Been a little busy and wanted a good post. ANd I have a question.

The SOP is great I think I might use a you search high and low, because in pbp searching a 20 x 20 room could take 2-3 weeks :eek:

are you saying that the SOP post is for us searching everywhere possible and the items are all that is salvageable?

I ask because my post will be heading back, if this is so.

Jake

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
No, the SOP only applies to cases where there are obvious clues and it would be time consuming to wait for each person to get to their computer and read the descriptive text then post up a roll and response.

In the current case, for example, you came aboard specifically to get supplies and to find clues about what might have happened. The supplies you found weren't hidden in any way, so a casual look about finds them. The body I judged would be intriguing enough that you'd give it an examination to find cause of death - so I went ahead and rolled heal checks rather than waiting.

For general exploration, I'll give you anything that's in a room or area that you actually enter that you could get by taking 10 on a perception check, without you having to say or do anything. I'll leave it up to you to decide if there might be something in there that would be worth making a more thorough check of the room, and whether you have time (in game) to make that check.

The idea is to keep the pace up a little and save a little time, not to make you complacent.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So I flipped through a copy of Gods and Magic while at Border's today and have now have it as a pdf. I would have bought it there as I am a firm believer in spending my money at the place I want to see in business, but I had a rude and unhelpful employee tell me they didn't know something and didn't even offer to find someone who could. I mean why are you wearing that ear piece thing than, just to tell dirty jokes to everyone when your not busy?

But I rant.

Two things I would like to use out of Gods and Magic (copy/pasting - maybe pdf was the way to go lol).

Spell:

Gozreh's Trident
School: evocation(electricity)
Level: Clr2, Drd2(Gozreh)

Casting:
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, DF

Effect:
Range: 0ft.
Effect: trident-like beam
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: none
Spell Resistance: yes

Description:
A 4-foot-long, blazing forked bolt of electricity springs forth from your hand. You wield this spear-like bolt as if it were a trident (you are proficient with the bolt). Attacks with Gozreh's trident are melee touch attacks. The bolt deals 1d8 points of electricity damage +1 point per two caster levels (maximum +10). Since the bolt is immaterial, your Strength modifier does not apply to the damage. A bolt can ignite combustible materials such as parchment, straw, dry sticks, and cloth.

Magical Item:

Windwave Kilt
Aura: faint transmutation; CL 5TH
Slot: belt; Price: 7,000gp; Weight 5lb.

Description:
This kilt is usually made of thick woven strips of sea-green and sky-blue cloth decorated with tiny pearls and bits of coral along the belt line; some instead are blue at the top and green along the bottom. When worn, you gain a +3 competence bonus on all Swim checks. When not worn, it floats on water like a dry log, automatically buoying upward any creature of 100 pounds or less and aiding in flotation for heavier creatures.

If Gozreh is your patron, once per day you may use gaseous form; in this form you do not breathe and you may enter water or other liquid, appearing as a slightly cloudy space within the water and able to swim at speed 10 feet. You may drink salt water as if it were fresh water.

Construction:
Requirements: Craft Wondrous Item, create water, gaseous form, levitate or water walk, creator must have 5 ranks in swim
Cost: 3,500gp, 280xp

Well all the underlining made that look weird so I got rid of what I could. Also I didn't know what I was going to do for Leaf's swim gear. I didn't want the medieval speedo...

diy-spartan-halloween-costume.jpg
But can Leaf have a non-magical kilt in his gear, pleeeeaaaaasssssseeeee.

HM

Last edited:

Remove ads