Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

shadowmask

First Post
Initiative: 2

Pryzm feels a little woozy as the spell affects her. Upon hearing the commotion in the hall, she lifts her head from where she rested it on her forepaws. "What's that?" Her voice wobbles as much as her head does on her neck. She stands in an effort to stabilize herself.

OOC: She'll actually do something on her initiative, but that was a baaaad roll. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri wobbles on her feet for a moment as a wave of weakness washes over her in the wake of the witchery. Then a commotion from the front hall gets her immediate attention. Of COURSE there'd be something happening right now...right when they were at their most vulnerable. Her lips peel back from her teeth in an unconscious snarl that's a lot less impressive with a mouth full of human teeth, and she whirls to face the oncoming danger!

(init: 22)
Roll Lookup

(might be 21 if init rolls are at -1 due to draining effect)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Arcane Academy

OOC: Initiative Order

Werewolf Initiative (1d20+6=22)

22 - Werewolf
22 - Shayuri
21 - Valen
10 - Aohdan
7 - William
2 - Pryzm

The rapier wielding wolf-man rushes forward, opting for a more visceral approach as he attempts to bite Valen.

Bite attack and damage (1d20+5=18, 1d6+3=9)

The werewolf's teeth sink deeply into Valen's shoulder.

OOC: Valen needs to make a Fortitude save, please.

OOC: Everyone can post their actions for the combat. Try to do so in initiative order, but that's not strictly necessary since everyone goes after the Werewolf.

The Debate

Estelle

Anareesa sniffles a bit and wipes her eyes, "He came into the circus tent, not too long after you left. He said he had business to attent to in the Candle district. I, I don't know what happened after that. He just sort of vanished in a cloud of mist."

Renaldo

Nineveh meets Renaldo's gaze for a moment and she nods to him. Her eyes are troubled and lines of worry crease her elegant features.

Johen

The moderator nods and says to Johen, "You may now make your closing statement, followed by Lady Nineveh."

Muzdum

The moderator turns to Lady Devera, "You may now offer a rebuttal."

Devera's smile has not diminished as she addresses Muzdum's points, "A simple increase in guards, you say? Do you think that has not already been attempted, good dwarf? Only so many guards will fit on a merchant ship and still have room for cargo. The merchant companies must weigh profit and loss. Paying more guards serves only to drain their coffers. At what point does the venture become not worth the effort, hmm?"

Lady Devera's Diplomacy check. (1d20+12=27)

The moderator nods, "You may now make closing statements. Lady Devera, you first."

Lady Devera winks at Muzdum and then proceeds, "Trade with the dwarves and the elves, if it could be sustained long term, would serve to strengthen both Azgund and those respective races, if only a way could be found to deal with the pirates. Pirates. That word has such a sinister bent to it, don't you think? I wonder, what motivates them to become pirates? Simple greed? I think not. From what I understand, most of them got their start freeing slaves from Thayvian ships. Freedom is thus what they value above all else. But, they must make a living. So, give them another choice. Give them a better alternative. I think you'd be surprised at the result."

Lady Devera's Closing Statement (1d20+12=28)

The moderator turns to Muzdum, "Your closing statement?"

Alaric

The moderator nods and turns to Zander, "You may now offer a rebuttal."

Zander raises his head arrogantly, his voice raising in volume and pitch with every word, "And thus my opponent tips his hand. He should be arrested where he stands for being a traitor! A traitor to Azgund for consorting with the very enemies of which we speak! He so naively suggests that we lay our fate at the hands of the Adventurer's Guild. A guild known for its reckless and rootless ways. A guild that includes in its membership known enemies to Azgund. And yet, those very creatures are allowed to infiltrate the nobility through the tournaments. Pathetic, I say. I demand that this competition be declared null and that this man be arrested for treason!"

The moderator sighs in irritation, "Point is awarded to Alaric as your statements offer no clear rebuttal. Please proceed with your closing statements, Zander, and stay on topic or you will forfeit."

Zander stares at the moderator furiously, then makes a visible effort to calm himself before continuing.

"I aplogize for my outburst. I implore you to see reason. Dragons cannot be trusted. To even imply otherwise is sheer folly. Even the so called good dragons are creatures of avarice. Their weakness can and must be our strength."

Zander's Diplomacy check (1d20+6=23)

The moderator turns to Alaric, "Your closing statement?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Renaldo

Nineveh meets Renaldo's gaze for a moment and she nods to him. Her eyes are troubled and lines of worry crease her elegant features.

Renaldo will try to encourage his charge and will put up a good front of confidence! his smile he flashes to her so as to let her know he is not worried.

bluff check:
1d20+6=19

Shayuri

First Post
On seeing Valen locked in battle with another warrior, Shayuri comes to a halt and quickly casts a spell on herself. Invisible forces gather about her and harden into a protective shield. From there she bides her time...waiting for an opening she can use to unleash more magicks.

(Casting Shield)

shadowmask

First Post
Pryzm woozily walks into the hall. Her eyes narrow and a low, humming hiss escapes her as she sees Valen literally locked in combat with the fuzzy-man-thing. "Leave him be!!" She rushes forward in an attempt to rip the toothy beast's legs literally out from under him from behind the ranger, her head snapping forward much like a snake striking.

Attack: 11, Damage: 4

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric the Alchemist

Alaric says "It's safer and requires less effort to finish developing the cure to make the dragons our allies, not to mention that it'll save many Azgundi lives that would otherwise be spent in the task of slaying dragons. And we might even make a profit for Azgund from the cure, without the cost in lives that would come from trying to claim draconic treasures through force."

He quietly says to Zander afterward "An' don't get on yer high-horse in front o' me, I'm as pureblooded Azgundi as any o' yer family, I jes' don't live in a fancy house or have other people do my work fer me."

OOC: Diplomacy 13
1d20+1=13

Amaury

First Post
"Well, I won't repeat myself. I trust the good judgement of the judges on that matter. The need for renewed leardship through skill and merit outclasses any form of stability or family ties.
My Lords.
he offers as a conclusion.

Remove ads