Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

ethandrew

First Post
Estelle pats her on the back and stands her up, "Come on, I don't need to know anymore. What happened to you wasn't your fault, we just need to make sure it doesn't happen again." She leads the acrobat by the arm toward the debate tents, trying to avoid being isolated just in case he decides to make another appearance.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well I say that if ye want to forge links between the three kin, and get some profit out o' it, ye be goin' to work hard fer it, establishin' good caravan safety, might initially be too costy, but it's a fair price fer security and fer gettin' three races to work and suede together, pursuin' a greater good fer the three o' them. To make ale, ye gotta crush some barley, 's me grandma' uses to say, so let's crush those damn pirates, and make a hell o' 'n ale!" Closes Muzdum, happy with his ale metaphor. Although he obviously lose, there was nothing that seemed to bring his cheerful presence down.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Arcane Academy

Shayuri takes a moment to shield herself with magic.

Valen strikes the creature, hard, but his blade can't penetrate the creature's hide.

Aohdan's hooves slam into the creature's head, knocking it back a couple of steps but having no other effect, just like Valen's sword.

William gets around the creature's flank, his sword glowing slightly, and delivers a vicious sneak attack. The creature's preternatural toughness blocks some of the damage, but the attack is powerful enough that a wound is still left, causing the creature to howl in pain and rage.

Pryzm's teeth clamp down on air.

Odon emerges from the ritual room, drawing his crystal greatsword, "Entan needs more time. We must keep this creature at bay until the spell is complete." As he speaks, a smell wafts through the room, emanating from Odon, a smell like burning crystal and he doubles in size.

OOC: Initiative Order

22 - Werewolf
22 - Shayuri
21 - Valen
10 - Aohdan
7 - William
2 - Pryzm
0 - Odon

The werewolf snarls, the smell from Odon irritating its nostrils. Still clutching its wound, it turns on William with rapier and teeth, intent on slaying the one that hurt it.

Rapier attack and damage (1d20+4=21, 1d6+2=5)

Bite attack and damage (1d20-1=18, 1d6+1=5)

The rapier plunges into William's side and the teeth soon follow, tearing away a piece of William's arm.

OOC: Fort save for William, please. Next round of actions for everyone, please.

[sblock=DM Notes]5 damage on the Werewolf[/sblock]

The Debate

Estelle and Renaldo

This round of debates is just wrapping up as Estelle and Anareesa enter. The two ladies find themselves standing near Renaldo.

Lady Nineveh catches Renaldo's look and nods.

Johen

Lady Nineveh offers her concluding statement, "I see no need to repeat myself either. The old ways are not bad simply because they are old."

The moderator declares Lady Nineveh the winner. She approaches Johen and offers her hand, "It was an honor to compete with you, druid of Turen."

Muzdum

The moderator declares Lady Devera the winner. The elven woman approaches the dwarf, smiling, "Not bad for a dwarf. You should probably stick to your strengths, though. I look forward to seeing you in the drinking contest." She offers Muzdum a wink.

Alaric

The moderator declares Alaric the winner. Zander storms away in disgust.

All

A five minute recess is declared. The next set of pairings are as follows.

Lady Devera vs Lady Nineveh
Alaric vs Vashar

Meanwhile...

Zander, in his haste, runs into Estelle and Anareesa on his way out of the debate tent. He looks down at the two women in anger, "Get out of my way, commoner scum!"

Vashar approaches Alaric, "We meet again. Although I am still in your debt for saving my life, I must warn you that I intend to win."

OOC: Debate Point Totals

1 - Alaric
1 - Muzdum
1 - Johen
2 - Vashar
4 - Lady Nineveh
4 - Lady Devera

[sblock=DM Notes]Current Tournament Point Totals - PCs and important NPCs only

0 - Aohdan (Silvergard)
2 - Valen (Silvergard)
4 - Captain Jannus (Vedlund)
7 - Shokar (Silvergard)
7 - Shayuri (Unnamed Territory)
11 - Muzdum (Silvergard)
16 - Lady Devera (Sisan)

Tournament Events

Day One Morning: Opening Ceremony
Day One Afternoon: Archery (Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Jannus, Lady Devera, Shokar) - Done. Winner: Lady Devera
Day One Evening: Debate (Shayuri, Aohdan, Johen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Lady Nineveh, Lady Devera)

Day Two Morning: Fox Hunt (Valen, Johen, Muzdum, Jannus, Lady Nineveh, Shokar)
Day Two Afternoon: Wrestling (Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Shokar)
Day Two Evening: Oratory (Shayuri, Johen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Lady Nineveh)

Day Three Morning: Joust (Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Jannus)
Day Three Afternoon: Castles (Shayuri, Valen, Johen, Muzdum, Alaric, Vashar, Lady Nineveh, Lady Devera)
Day Three Evening: Drinking Contest (Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen, Muzdum, Alaric, Jannus, Lady Devera, Shokar)

Day Four Morning: Dueling (Shayuri, Aohdan, Valen, Renaldo, Muzdum, Alaric, Jannus, Vashar, Lady Nineveh, Lady Devera, Shokar)
Day Four Afternoon: Deliberation of the Judges/Grand Fete
Day Four Evening: Bestowing of Titles and Lands/Closing Ceremony[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=for crazy monkey]
Zander, in his haste, runs into Estelle and Anareesa on his way out of the debate tent. He looks down at the two women in anger, "Get out of my way, commoner scum!"

You are just ichin to get me in trouble, arn't you? Ugh! Now I have to defend thesse two ladies, and quite possibly dragons too! Yikes, what have i written into my history? *rolls eyes dramaticly*
[/sblock]

Renaldo is not the least bit impressed with this man who ealier had the anti-dragon ideas.When he insults the two ladies, he can hold his tongue no longer.

He calmly says, "perhaps if your mind were less focused on fear of noble creatures, you would have been able to avoid walking into the two ladies. If you wish to receive a lessen in manners as you have received a lessen in true noble creatures, then maybe we need to meet in the duel's ring at sunset to night."

He then takes a glove and throws it down at the man's feet.

OOC: is this what you were expecting me to do?

ethandrew

First Post
Looking incredulously at the feather-plumed man, Estelle raises both her palms to the sky, "What?! Who are you? You don't need to fight because that stuck-up oaf can't watch his feet or his tongue! It was all for a good reason anyway as I swiped his purse," she pats her side twice, indicating the presence of the noble's coinage. "Just leave it be, he hasn't enough honor to fight for anyway."

[sblock=OOC]I didn't really swipe his coin purse. Though I was tempted.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
William Grits his teeth in Pain, raising his shield further as he jabs at the beastie again, trying to keep it's attention diverted. "Keep it at bay? I plan on putting it to rest!" *if it doesn't do it to me first*

[sblock=ooc]
Fort save (1d20+2=22) Woot nat twenty! Now why couldn't I have gotten that on the attack? *L*
Flank Attack (1d20+9=22, 1d10+1d6+3=14) AC 22 for 14 more damage on the next sneak attack.

Also, I just noticed a problem:
I just checked and my character isn't in the rogues gallery (Did I email it to you, monkey?) Second, While I do have a copy of it, I don't have HP listed on my copy, so I have no idea how injured William is (he has 2d10+1d6 hp-10 damage). Should I roll the HP, I can't remember how you were doing that.. and then I should probably add the sheet to the RG, or do you have a copy? Sorry bout this, I hadn't realized the problem b/c this is the first time it's come up.

AC 17,
HP: X(2d10+1d6)? 10 dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri inhales deeply...in fact, it seems like there's no way her relatively slender frame could possibly hold as much air as she draws in. She then carefully picks a spot where she won't hit anyone else, and walks to it...ending up adjacent to the werewolf.

Her silvery eyes widen then, and she opens her mouth impossibly wide...and yellow-white flames come pouring out, engulfing the werewolf and a good deal of the room behind him!

(Hoping there's a place I can go where I can use a 30' cone without hitting allies. :) I figure if I aim between the two flankers while immediately adjacent to the were, the cone starts with just the were's square...missing the flankers, and then blooms out wider behind that. The breath attack is Su, so there's no AoO involved. It does: ...a very disappointing 4 damage on 2d6, with 1/2 on a Ref save DC 14)
Roll Lookup

Remove ads