• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Patterns in gender of AIs that "must be destroyed"

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The Terminator - another intelligent machine that must be destroyed - is a "maximized" male - bigger than human, stronger than human, never gets tired (people need sleep), can take damage/abuse that would kill a person.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
The Terminator - another intelligent machine that must be destroyed - is a "maximized" male - bigger than human, stronger than human, never gets tired (people need sleep), can take damage/abuse that would kill a person.
terminator AI is an absurd scenario on par with THEM & the like. More likely is smarthome systems, self driving networks, & general assistance AI breaking down in catastrophic ways

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I do know that I always change the GPS in my car to the British or Australian female voice. If I need to listen to something tell me what to do, it may as well be sexy sounding. Took a minute to know that a roundabout was a rotary.
A what now?

Where are you from that a roundabout is called a rotary?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Eh, somehow "I'll be the rotary" just doesn't conjure up the whole "stone mask that turns you into a vampire" vibe for me.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
AM is who I always think of whenever someone brings up rogue AIs:

I am quite sure you can easily figure out what AM is all about from that clip alone.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Anyone remember the 1990’s movie where the AI of a Hi-Tec House develops a personality and the falls in love with its owner and then becomes jealous of his family?.

Remove ads