[PbP] The Rising of a God

Sullaf

First Post
This is a continuation of a RL life tabletop game as a PbP, due to the time constraints and distance. Hence I will not accept any applicants, but you are more than welcome to read.

Since I trust you about as far as I can throw the Palace Pier, *I* will be doing the die rolls or you are free to roll for yourselves using the mail function on the dice server.

Post clearly and completely.
Don't post "Conan Attacks"
Post "Conan moves to the closest Orc, trying to set himself up for a cleave attempt, and attacks it with his greatsword. He now has +13 to hit and does 2d6+8 damage due to the prayer spell cast by Cedric the Cleric previous round. He also tries to get some cover between him and the Orisch archers. if this means he doesn't get an opportunity to use his cleave feat, so be it."

Moves will be every 24 hours. If you haven't made your intentions clear within 24 hours of my last post, I will try and move the game along in the best way I can.

Post In Character exclamations in "quotation marks" and in a color
Post Actions etc (such as "Argon casts Detect Magic") in Italics.
Post Out Of Character stuff between brackets (such as [this is ooc] )
Post Out Of Character stuff which is not related to the ongoing action (e.g. Question about duration of a spell opponent has cast) or long OoC remarks which is related to the ongoing action or general questions/remarks/arguments/disagreements etc etc in the OoC thread

The Dice Server using Mail

The Playing Characters

The Rising of a God (OOC)

DM Sullaf

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
The Mission...

After spending the night in the Purple Dragon Inn, having an excellent time with the 'Warriors of the North', as your newfound drinking brothers call themselves, Argon wakes up besides Silva, the female spellcaster, but does not remember just how the two of them ended up in the same room, or what they where doing here in the first place. The three of you meet up with Grishan the next morning. He is very pleased to hear that you single handedly stopped the barbaric tribes to rice against their neighbors. Even more, because you befriended one of the barbaric tribe leaders, thus giving Grishan and his employers something to work with.

He asks for all of you to huddle up and after watching the door and the rest of the Inn closely, whispers "I have yet another assignment for the three of you. This one is from a new employer so you three better make him happy. I do NOT want to lose this 'customer'." Grishan once again looks around to make sure that there are no people present and continues. "There is a great desert to the northwest from here. This also is savage lands, so expect to run into orc or barbaric tribes. They may not be all so appreciative of strangers crossing their lands, so be careful. Then again, this sort of business should be familiar turf by now."

He grins, although the wound is his chin does not make the grin look very pleasant and takes a sip from his ale before he continues "There was once a mighty order of spellcasters who hid themselves in the desert, far away from civilization as to be undetected. Many powerful spells were created by these magicians, but alas their cult died out, because of lack of fresh apprentices. Not that surprising as most wizards just attend one of the Universities. Why would one want to spend his apprenticeship in a deserted wasteland? Anyway, there is this guy I know who knows a guy... Well that doesn't really matter now does it. Anyway he found a map to the secret location of this Cult. They called themselves The Fire Brothers: Cult of the Fire Brothers. Pretty odd name, but hey, wizards are like that I guess. Your mission is to find this secret Cult, or at least their remaining goods. My employee is only interested in the research material that this Cult has, so you are to retrieve all scrolls, books and magic items. Anything magical actually. Everything else you can keep."

He pauses to let you process all the new information by taking another sip from his ale and then says "Of course the payment will be according to what you can actually retrieve. But I will give you this up front. Just to put a little persuasion into this little deal..."

He pulls out a little sack from under his cloths and throws it on the table "It contains 2500 gp. 1500 for your last assignment, and a bonus of 1000 to consider taking on this next mission."

He then leans back and waits for your reply, while slowly drinking his ale and looks satisfied.

takew

First Post
[I claim sky blue]

"Well, that sure gives me a reason to go take this new mission. Apart from the adventure it will give us. So what’s up with the new guy? Why are you so mysterious about him? Is there something we should know? Well it isn’t our business, as long as his money is good and comes in large amounts... T.J. smiles and pulls the bag towards him to weight it's contents in his hands. "Chin, take another ale. My treat..."

Sullaf

First Post
Grishan makes yet another attempt to smile and says "I'm not one to pass on such a generous offer. And as always the identities of my employees will remain anonymous, as will there motives. They are not paying you to think, just to follow orders. Now if the rest would be so kind to also agree to the terms, we can all just enjoy a quiet evening, drinking our ale. Just a little side note. There could be a bonus, but I will tell you more of that when you have successfully returned."

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
OOC: Nothing to see here... you just have to reply if you want to subscribe to a thread... I claim yellow by the way.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
We agree to this mission, the reward is ample. Give us your details and we will be along as soon as possible. And TJ if you are buying, I would like a beer as well

Sullaf

First Post
Grishan once again leans back and in a triomphant voice says "There is one catch to this whole deal. I have another man who helps me carry out my orders. I want you three to take him with you. You could use his help and he has to make certain the three of you don't just vanish with all the magical stuff. Not that I'm implying anything, just call it a precaution. He should arrive shortly. I could introduce him, but since you all have to spend some time together, I'd better leave the introduction up to him."

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
At that point, a man turns around on his barstool to face you, and smiles. He carries a longsword and a composite bow. His clothing is for the most part light brown in colour.

attachment.php

"Well that would seem to be my cue then, would it not?" He speaks in a distinguished accent, somewhat incongruous with his appearance, which seems to imply he is a tracker or ranger of sorts. There is still some desert sand on his boots and the rim of his cloak. He walks up and shakes each of your hands, slightly bowing while he does so. "My name is Dweldan, and I am not from these parts originally, but I have travelled long distances through rugged terrain, and hence have gained intimate knowledge on how to survive there. My employer speaks highly of your accomplishments, so I hope you shall not humble my skills during our explorations. May I sit down?"

Remove ads