• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Sandman's Binding Game Thread

garyh

First Post
Nazgrel will press the attack against his insectoid foe, seeing him near defeat. Full attack action.

"You'll not last much longer, vermin!!"

Paragon Badger

First Post
The Dice Gods Smile Upon the PCs

The first spiked beast turns and attacks the Xorn with a vengeance. The xorn implodes in a gasp of eldritch magic as it is torn back to it’s home plane.

The other spiked fiend presses his assault on Jonas. The beast can’t break Jonas’s strong defense well and only manages to slip one bite through. Jonas ignores the poison of the bite, so filled is he with righteous wrath.
(TH 31, 13,13 17, 19 Damage 7 Fort save 30)

Dorn advances down the cave. He can barely see in the fading light. He sees no signs of any beasts or the eye. However, he does note the ground here is disturbed as if someone was struggling to escape a captor.

Ichtor begins discussing the deeper meanings of life, in context of his studies of the Far Realms with Milgra. Milgra seems to agree with his overall conclusions but has differences on the finer points of the parasitic life cycle of some organisms. As least that is what Ichtor concludes from a series of short clicks vocalized by Milgra.
(Ichtor can post his action and I’ll work it in at the end of this round.)

Lord Swifthammer is being cared for by his remaining attendants. He seems to be responding, but remains quite unconscious.

The lesser insectoid attempts to attack Jonas but fails miserably.
(TH 20, 19, 18 , 18 , 15)

Sean moves to back up Dorn. The spiked thing misses him as he withdraws
(TH 15). Sean will conclude from seeing the tracks Dorn saw that at least two struggles took place.

Nazgrel shows that picks work just as effectively in cracking sheel as they do in cracking rock.
(TH 31, 16 Crit confirmed Damage 33). With a mighty two handed swing Nazgrel buries his pick deep in the center of the fiend’s head. With a mighty crack the beast’s exoskeleton cracks and it drops it the ground where it twitches in death throes.

The other spiked thing, upon seeing his companion devasted by a scrawny treehugger (in its opinion) lets out what can be assumed to be the insectoid equivalent of "Oh S---!".Capitilzing on the fiend’s distraction Jonasswings his sword in a overhead arc bringing it down hard. A sastisfying crack results and is quickly followed by a sideways strike the cleaves thebeast in half. Using the momentum of his swing, Jonas whips around and cataches the other insect with the tip of his sword.
(TH 27, 27 Damage 30 Cleave 25 Damage 11)

Claiborne uses the chaos caused by the two strongest fiend’s deaths to heal Jonas.
(Heal 25 damage).

Initiative:
Insectoid with Spikes 23
Dorn 21 (Natural 20, nice!)
Ichtor 19
Lord Swifthammer 18 *
Insectoid with Crossbow 17
Sean 16
Nazgrel 15
Captain Bal 15
Jonas 13
Dwarves 12 *
Claiborne 9

Conditions
Sean (51/51)
Ichtor (45/45)
Dorn (78/101)
Nazgrel (42/74)
Jonas (57/72)
Claiborne (48/48)

Lord Swifthammer - Unconscious
Captain Bal - Slightly Nicked
Guard 1 - Dead
Guard 2 - Dead
Guard 3 - Awake
Guard 4 - Dead

Insect with Spike 1 - In Two Pieces
Insect with Spike 2 - Twitching on the Ground
Insect with Xbow 1 - Diced
Insect with Xbow 2 - Injured and Scared

Paragon Badger

First Post
Combat Map

Attachments

• combat6.gif
    combat6.gif
    39.1 KB · Views: 627

GoldenEagle

First Post
Jonas looks at the foul beast he has just injured and powers through his defenses once more (Full round Attack, Power Attack 2 (+14/+9 dam 1d8+10, crit 19-20 x2)) "clai...I've got this one; see that the others fare well"

Claiborne, turns back to Dorn and Rushes into the tunnel to arrive behind Dorn. At this point, if there is light , Claiborne channels the power of Nobanion to heal the wounded fighter. If there is not yet light he will pull from his pouch a sunrod and ignite it.

Krug

Newshound
Icthor, knowing that his comrades have the battle in hand, steps closer to inspect the dead Insectoids. "What be it, Milgra? What are these things?"

garyh

First Post
His foe dispatched, Nazgrel invokes the power of Lord Firemane to bind his wounds.

OOC: Nazgrel casts cure light wounds on himself.

drs

First Post
Sean flicks one of his potions out, swallows it down and throws the vial towards the wall.
"I'm going to have to take my rod off, hard to hide with it out. Here take it" Sean lets the illuminated rod fall to the ground.

Sean drinks a darkvision potion and drops his everburning rod.

Storminator

First Post
Dorn waits a moment to see what Sean does, then scoops up his everburning rod and covers it up. "Yell when you need help, and don't get too far ahead. If you cover a lot of ground come get me, then advance again. I want to be able to catch you quick if you need me."

With that Dorn waits for Sean's scouting, moving slowly down the corridor, rod covered, axe in hand.

Delay until Dorn's init matches Seans, then pick up everburning rod. Then walk down the hall after Sean.

Paragon Badger

First Post
Jonas can easily dispatch the last wounded insectoid.

Sean and Dorn will begin off down the tunnel. After a short distance they come to what can be assumed to be the end of the mine. One wall of the mine is broken in as if something had burrowed through. Sean will notice a strip of fabric that is caught on a jagged stone near the hole. The mine lies deathly quiet.

Nazgrel uses Lord Firemane's power to heal himself.
(heal 10 damage)

Claiborne waits at the tunnel uncertain if he should follow the fighter and rogue or stay with Jonas.

Ichtor your inspection of the dead insectoids tells you several things. First, though they seem to have a fiendish air about them they are not outsiders. The morphology between the smaller things and the spiked ones suggest the spiked ones are more advanced forms. The crossbow that were carried by two of the things appear to be made of the same chitin as the aberrations exoskeleton. They look as if they were grown and not manufactured. You doubt any human would be equipped to use the strange crossbows. Even Milgra wouldn't suck their blood.

Captain Bal rises from the barely alive Lord Swifthammer and approaches Jonas with a grave face. "Lord Swifthammer is badly wounded and poisoned. My duty is clear, I must return my lord to the redoubt, but I can't forgot about Donvena and her mother. I ask that you go into the caves. Lord Swifthammer and I were uncertain about you, but now I have no choice but to put faith in you. If you truly are Donvena's friends I ask that you go after her. I'll try and return with reinforcements as soon as I may."

Remove ads