• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Sandman's Binding Game Thread

Paragon Badger

First Post
You split the party and follow the different paths. The right fork slants left after a short distance but remains level. The left fork turns sharply left and seems to spiral up at a sharp grade. Over time the left fork turns back right. Both forks open into the same large chamber.

The chamber is roughly spherical. Sean arrives first having taken the much shorter right path. It upon the ground of the chamber. Sean is taken aback for in the middle of the chamber floats a sphere that appears to be made of then same chitin as the insectoids you fought. No entrance is obvious to Sean and he sees no immediate danger.

The rest of the party finds themselves looking down on the sphere through a 10 ft wide hole in the cave floor. They see the sphere much as Sean does however directly atop the sphere several figures glow in eerie green upon a chitin plate.

No other exits or entrances are immediately apparent.

I'm attaching a sideview of this cave and the figure will follow soon.

OOC: Finals week is approaching for me so updates have been/ will be slim until next Fri.

Attachments

• sphere.gif
    sphere.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"See what I mean?" says Ichtor as the passages rejoin. "I suggest we not split up in future. To her consciousness, we are stronger together then apart. Going on alone might lead the dwarf woman to try something... nasty in her realm. If she realised her true power, she could crush each of us like an ant."

Ichtor studies the runes and tries to comprehend what they are. "She must have stumbled across these before... or seen them somewhere," he says. "This sphere... is strange. Perhaps it is the source of her nightmares."

Make knowledge or spellcraft check to identify the runes. good luck in exams! :)

GoldenEagle

First Post
"Didn't someone say something about the rainbow or destroying the rainbow hued?"

Claiborne searches his mind for any possible religous ramifications (kn. check +14) while Jonas draws his bow.

"Just in case"

OOC: good luck with all of your tests.

Storminator

First Post
Dorn looks at Ichtor. Maybe the crazy mage will be some use after all. "Looks like you were right. Any idea what we do now?" To Sean he yells, "hey Reaver, want to hightail it up here or you need a rope?"

Dorn looks down on the sphere from above. "Runes," he mutters, "can't be good. Anyone feel like jumping on that thing?" Dorn looks at the rest of the group and prepares to volunteer himself.

Dorn Hardwood

drs

First Post
"Don't worry Dorn, I can run back up to you guys, I might stay here for just a little more" Sean says as he swings his rifle out and cocks it against his shoulder, aiming his rifle towards the sphere.

Paragon Badger

First Post
The runes seem to have no religious significance to Jonas.

However, Ichtor's arcane knowledge comes in handy. The runes appear to be a strange dialect combining elements of Abyssal and Infernal. The runes seem to radiate elemental energy, like that from the inner planes.

If Jonas lowers down to the sphere it appears solid and stable. From close up he'll notice some additional features of the runes. The red rune seems to emanate heat. The darker blue rune appears to be wet as if covered in water. A draft seems to emanate from the light blue rune. The brown rune appears dusty as if in signifcant need of cleaning.

GoldenEagle

First Post
"We must find the rainbow creature that Bal talked about." Jonas focuses on finding any evil in the area, knowing that someone may be invisible. In the meantime Claiborne looks to see if the object with runes is some part of a transportation spell or device.

"perhaps this object is the rainbow hued object that is to be destroyed..."

Krug

Newshound
"Well should we touch one of the runes?" says Ichtor. "I think their purpose will be boringly obvious. The brown rune... seems enticing. Shall we touch it Milgra?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads