[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[Note that I have a much better dieroller, custom-made for our Fellowship at http://www.dexels.com/dieroller.html]

Turning to the group but to Kheldev in particular addressing him in a somewhat stern voice

"Don't you be saying those things Master Dwarf! Let us not forget that we have no purpose or goal in this forest, we cannot go anywhere in any hurry for there is not anywhere to go to which we know of."

Then in a more relaxed voice

"Sorry I am still somewhat shaken by this place ... Let's not be fools and run around this place like madmen disturbing those better left undisturbed. Although going slow to you seems folly and to draw attention it is the wiser thing to do. We head deeper into the forest cautiously staying clear of all that grows and lives here, but deeper is always relative to our path. Ilan leads the way for he is a skilled woodsman, if we stick together we might find something that we are looking for."

Later when no one is near to Kheldev in private

"I appreciate your demeanor Master Dwarf, but don't be to eager to participate in combat in this place. It's all undead and ghosts here and no glory can be gained for slaying those that are already dead. We don't want you to sacrifice your life for our sake for we won't return the favour in a later time. You are a resourceful person, stick with us and drop the altruism and we might appreciate you even more"

Ilan

First Post
"Let me focus, so I can find our way."

I concentrate for a small time to find the direction in which we were heading.

"Ok, follow me and don't stray of the path. Tycho you are with me. Kheldav, you and Deepwinter stay together and Wulf, you protect Diactum. If anything happens I will cover you with Tycho while you retreat. Everyone who can carries a lightsource. If we get seperated walk for a while. I will find you. Don't look for me and try and stay in one spot as much as possible."

After saying that I walk to Kheldav and whisper in his ear. "I leave the life of Deepwinter in your hands. He is my dearest friend. If I find him and you are not with him or that he is forever gone of this world and I don't find your broken body next to his, I will hunt you down and I will make you pay for that with a price that goes beyond your imagination. I hope you understand that. Guard him well and I will be forever in your debt, Mountainwarrior." I look deep into his eyes for a moment before I turn around.

"We have stayed here for far to long. Tycho take my side."

I start to walk in the direction that seems to me to be the right one.

Last edited:

takew

First Post
It will be a pleasure and a honour to take your side... Let us indeed make some haste for evil will not stay away long it think.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
You move on for a minute or two at a hustle, and see the corpse of a young man in studded leather armour. He is lying on his stomach, completely grey skinned and grasping a bow in his hand, which seems to have stiffened its grip in death. His quiver is nearly empty; it only seems to hold three arrows. He was coming in your direction. He also has a shortsword in a scabbard on his belt.

Ilan

First Post
I walk over to his corpse and retrieve the arrows out of his quiver. I also search him for more usefull and valuable items.

After I am done, I turn to the group and say with a grim voice: "He was fleeing from something. We follow his tracks and see where they lead us. Mabye he found our destination, but the challenge he faced proved to be to much."

I memorize his footprints, so that I can identify him in a group.

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
Me thinks Ilan should take the point. When an enemy is spotted he can call for backup, by reporting in. Then we should get in position and wait for his go, to storm the front until the sector is clear. Then we should regroup team. In case of archers, we're taking fire and need assistence, all of you follow me and stick together team, so we can fall back, not hold the position, but go go go. The wizard should warn us before he's gonna bow, and we all should yell enemy down, and cover me.

Affirmative? Roger that?

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[Z2 - C7 - C3 - C6 - X4 - X5 - C4 - Z4 - Z6 - Z5 - X3 - X2 - Z3 - X1 - C7 - C9 - Z1 - C1 - C1]

"I wonder why this man was alone in these woods, we will probably find his friends if we backtrack his ... tracks"

Ilan

First Post
After I finished searching the body I reply: "I think so to. Why on "Tholestia" would you travel alone in a forest like this. Or he thought to be skilled enough to survive and reach his goal unharmed. A mistake, so it seems, that he paid for with his life."

I look to the group and day to everyone in a stern voice. "This could happen to you also, this isn't a fieldtrip. Now let us make haste. We already lost enough time here."

I start walking in the direction where the man came from.

Last edited:

Remove ads