• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Wulf swings his two bladed sword left, right, left... and finally he connects, destroying the wraith.

The two wolves try and bite Wulf and Tycho, but fail... A few seconds after, team effort destroys the last two undead opponents.

The enemy has been vanquished: what do you do now?

[OOC: I made no mistakes with "U"s and "O"s, I assure you.]

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
"So no need for directions this time" I say in a sarcastic tone. "Is everybody ok, though" I watch the ground and then look at the invisible Diactum, I saw you take a mean hit. Do you need extra healing??"

Bacter

First Post
Diactum ends the invisibility spell

Oempf! Diactum shouts as the members of our party regain visual input of him.

That was quite a fight... I think we all could have done more if these faul beings were a bit more corpoREAL. I had to bail out of combat, makink myself invisible, since my chances of survival another bite were pretty low

To Ilan:

Hmm.. you do have keen eyes, spotting me when I thought I could go by unnoticed... On your question, I took some serious damage and feel quite weak as well. So if you could help me, I would be pleased!

Again to the party:

You must understand... In THIS condition, I don't think I can be very helpfull in battle. If we had to engage more enemies on a short notice, I will have to first take care of myself, ensuring that I cannot be damaged. Only then I might be able to contribute to the slaying of possible enemies

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
[OOC: Spotting someone who is invisible is possible according to the rules. You might tread on grass which flattens because of your step etc., but there also is a 'predator-like' effect when someone is invisible. The DC is 30 to notice there is an unmoving invisble creature somewhere within 30 feet (DC 20 for moving), and pinpointing it increases the DC by 20... in this case, pinpointing Diactum with spot is DC 40. Though hard, within realms of Ilan's capability. Listening is far easier though, and is at this moment only DC 25 - Ilan would easily succeed at this, then look at your direction: even though he can not see you, he knows where you are]

Diactum's skin is greyish, and it seems as though he has gained a few years. His voice is less forceful, his breath more laboured. Since he normally is quite tough (especially for his age) this is quite noticable.

Kheldev also seems to have lost some his luster, though not as much as Diactum has lost.

Suddenly the sibilant hissing voice of the shadowy being can be heard again.
"See?!....I told you so... through many like me you will have to go... many more... all will attack you... they will... they thirst for purity even more than I do... I was pure once... I crave for your pure essence now... your positive energy..." After a long moment of silence it continues "Remember... don't touch the trees..."

Last edited:

takew

First Post
Tycho stops singing when the last wolf vanishes... He overlooks the battleground and hears the wailings of Diactum Abracadacium. He thinks by himself:

"So much power and so little faith in himself... What life he must have... To study for all this knowledge just to bail out when he is needed the most... What pity."

Than saying with his most honest smile and voice:

"Here my weak friend... Let me help you to overcome the extraordinary pain you must feel right now. You seem drained from all that life has to offer. I hope that there is some spirit left to get you carry on."

And than he heals him. The others will be healed next (see ooc).

Last edited:

Spellsword

First Post
still feeling the adrenaline of the combat in his veins Wulf exclaims:

You evil coward, show yourself instead of lurking in the threes!!! Seize your wicked games and face us !!!

takew

First Post
By Ilan

"Be quiet, Wulf." I say with a harsh voice.

"Atleast we are going the right way. Now don't waste any more time or spells and now, back in formation. You will be healed further when we have the time for it. We continue our path."

In a quiet voice to Deepwinter when we move on: "What do you make of all this, my friend?? If it wasn't for the rash actions of the Dwarf, we could have lost this one with more damage. Any idea how we can withstand these creatures or their powers??
I then fall into deep thought and after a minute I move my head closer to Deepwinter and whisper in his ear:
"Mabye we need to sacrifice someone the next combat, so that we can survive. Be ready for that."

Sullaf

First Post
Kheldev who was still looking for Diactum, trades his angry red color for a shining radiant smile "OI, the'ya be wizza'. I be thi'in' ya wa'a'gonner! Sharp thi'in' be'in' invissable a'all. Go'job wi'tha'constructs!" Kheldev pads Diactum on the back.

He walks over to Ilan and slaps him on the back, nearly topping him over and with spirit in his voice booms: "Grea'work lads!! We be sma'ing them no go' wolves to oblivian! Goo'shoo'in' Elf. A mi'y skilled Archerrr ya arrr!

He walks over to Deepwinter and whispers in his ear "OI lad, I saw ya try'n' tha hit them wolves wi'ya stick. Be'r le'us war'rs to the figh'n..."

When/If Tycho offers to heal him Kheldev covers up the black marks in his neck before saying: "No lad, a rrreal DWARF need not be healed. Besides, it be just a scratch!"

When the shadow once again addresses the party, Kheldev jumps up and stands in his full battle mode once again, ready to smack some more wolves over the head. He grunts and nods in agreement when Ilan talks and lowers his guard to take his place at the front of the marching order once again.

Bacter

First Post
Thanx a lot Tycho! Any curation at this point is most helpful!

Diactum casts an detect magic, scanning the surrounings for 12 rounds, in this way trying to find out something extraordinary and hopefully the source of the voice within a radius of 60 ft

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Diactum doesn't find anything specific in the forest with the detect magic. There is a lingering aura of Necromancy and Conjuration all over the place though.

Remove ads