Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

Lot

First Post
Lokin looks at the loot, trying to figure out the best way to carry everything back to Orussus. He looks to the others.

"How about we divide the coin now. Then we can all carry the equipment back and have it appraised when we get to the city. Then we add up the money for that and buy off what we want from our shares."

Lokin looks at Zurd.

"Since it's not an enchanted axe, I'm sure we can find one for you back in Orussus for a fair price. I would favor having it in Kol's hands, as we still have to make the trip back to the city and anything can happen in that time. Kol's weapon is an axe while you have your magic. We're a more effective unit with Kol holding the axe just as we are with me holding the shield."

orsal

LEW Judge
Kongu suggests a visit to Rinaldo di Senzio's Magic Shop in Orussus. "They give a good price for magical equipment, and for a fee they may be able to identify what is magical.

I think we can fast forward the return to town. Your liberated dwarf prisoner goes his separate way; assuming you agree with Kongu's suggestion, anyone who wishes to be present for the sale can post in the shop thread.

Zurd clearly does not like other people's suggestions, but his protests come to seem increasingly tiresome and insincere.

orsal

LEW Judge
Lot, if Lokin is joining the group in Rinaldo's store, please post in that thread. If not, please clarify in this thread that you are going to trust the others with the matter.

hero4hire

Explorer
Outside of Rinaldo's Kol crossed his arms as he watched the Guardsman disappear out of sight. He then gave a sideways glance to the others. "I knew I shoulda killed that half-orc bastard when he accidentily hit me with that rainbow spell. So let's see what the mundane stuff is worth and get to a happy split shall we?"

Lot, hero4hire, TwistedMindInc, assuming you've wrapped up your business in di Senzio's Shop, please return to the adventure thread. It sounds like you want to assume the shield and axe are +1 each, to get the mundane stuff appraised, and to divide the spoils accordingly. I'll give you the wrapup in the adventure thread once you've all checked in there and confirmed that that's the plan.

OOC: Sounds good to me

Lot

First Post
Lokin looks troubled, but grins slightly as they leave the shop.

"Honestly, I'm done defending him. I felt he made a mistake and should be punished but thought he was worthy of some reward. Now? Not so much. He lumped us all in together as thieves, despite my defending him. I might as well get a full cut for my chance of future revenge"

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Shit-eating grin upon her lips, Payne exits the shop with Lokin and Kol. ``Bastard got what was coming to him, well.. for now.`` Then.. to Lokin, her smirk never failing. ``I know, don'tcha just hate it when people lump you in with the likes of me.`` A wink. Her mood having all ready changed from the prior sour-pussed one.

( Sounds like a plan Orsal. Sorry it took me a bit to respond to this, my e-mail didn't alert me that the game had been updated. My bad. )

orsal

LEW Judge
You have no difficulty getting quotes from merchants eager to buy the gems and objets d'art at half-price. Here's your total treasure:

Coin: 1967 GP
Potion,scrolls: 210 GP
Subtotal (already liquid): 2177 GP

Silver bird figurines: 600 GP
Naga statuettes: 250 GP
MW half-plate: 750 GP
Studded leather (x2): 50 GP
Heavy steel shield (+1?): 1170 GP
Greataxe (+1?): 2320 GP
Greatsword: 50 GP
Longsword: 15 GP
MW dagger: 725 GP
Red spinel: 100 GP
Moonstone: 50 GP
Amethyst: 110 GP
Malachite: 10 GP
Jewelled anklets: 2500 GP
Subtotal: 8700 GP
Half-price: 4350 GP

Total: 6527 GP
Each share: 1305.4 GP

So, if you are willing to buy desired items from the group at half-price, you each have a share sufficient to afford the item of your choice.

This listing assumes that the shield and axe are each +1.

Final XP award: 250 XP to everyone. This includes time spent (1+ months since the last award)), encounter XP (for handling Zurd well), and roleplay bonus (for portraying handling Zurd well).

Thus ends this adventure. Thanks everyone; it was a lot of fun at those times we managed to keep a good pace.

Kongu, ever the storyteller, begins talking about the place, and what she learned about its occupants. Other explorers will follow, mapping out the parts you never got to. As the pieces begin to fall together, here's the picture they get: Hase and Suna never returned from their last foray. They took the most functional of their valuables with them, and also many of their orc slaves, but left behind the younger offspring of their orcs, who then grew up in the stronghold and started running it. The lizardfolk were a displaced tribe, their presence in the area possibly related to some disturbance in the coastal areas to the west, but obviously uncomfortable in such an unfriendly (to them) environment. They stumbled on the place, and discovered the room of pools, which they made their lair. Some of the pools are connected to springs, so they had plenty of water. (Some of the pools had toxic liquids, but they soon learned which ones to avoid!) When the orcs learned you had decimated the lizardmen, they finished the job, massacring them in that same room, which is why their bodies were found there.

BTW, I'd be interested in feedback about the game. One thing I'm wondering about is my use of an NPC member of the group. I originally decided to use Kongu as I did for a number of reasons:
* to get players speculating about the mysteries of the place, and not just collecting treasure (this was based on an old-fashioned ecologically nonsensical dungeon crawl, and I was determined to make it a little more coherent than the model)
* to be able, if needed, to give the action a little push in character
* to be more credible with the plot hook
I deliberately set her up in a support role, and underpowered at that, so she wouldn't take the limelight away from the PCs. However, after the game started, I read a thread in General Discussion in which a number of people claimed that a DMPC can never come to any good. What's your take? Is it a device I should avoid in the future?

Manzanita

First Post
Orsal. This adventure started 02/21/06, did it not. In which case you deserve a good 16 DM credits. Well done. I thought you did a great job as DM, under sometimes-trying circumstance.

I feel Kongu played a productive role, just as you envisioned. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

hero4hire

Explorer
orsal said:
You have no difficulty getting quotes from merchants eager to buy the gems and objets d'art at half-price. Here's your total treasure:

Coin: 1967 GP
Potion,scrolls: 210 GP
Subtotal (already liquid): 2177 GP

Silver bird figurines: 600 GP
Naga statuettes: 250 GP
MW half-plate: 750 GP
Studded leather (x2): 50 GP
Heavy steel shield (+1?): 1170 GP
Greataxe (+1?): 2320 GP
Greatsword: 50 GP
Longsword: 15 GP
MW dagger: 725 GP
Red spinel: 100 GP
Moonstone: 50 GP
Amethyst: 110 GP
Malachite: 10 GP
Jewelled anklets: 2500 GP
Subtotal: 8700 GP
Half-price: 4350 GP

Total: 6527 GP
Each share: 1305.4 GP

So, if you are willing to buy desired items from the group at half-price, you each have a share sufficient to afford the item of your choice.

Okay if I read this right I can "buy" the ax out of my share and also have 145.4 gp?

If this is correct and no one objects...Done! :)

BTW, I'd be interested in feedback about the game. One thing I'm wondering about is my use of an NPC member of the group. I originally decided to use Kongu as I did for a number of reasons:
* to get players speculating about the mysteries of the place, and not just collecting treasure (this was based on an old-fashioned ecologically nonsensical dungeon crawl, and I was determined to make it a little more coherent than the model)
* to be able, if needed, to give the action a little push in character
* to be more credible with the plot hook
I deliberately set her up in a support role, and underpowered at that, so she wouldn't take the limelight away from the PCs. However, after the game started, I read a thread in General Discussion in which a number of people claimed that a DMPC can never come to any good. What's your take? Is it a device I should avoid in the future?

Actually I really liked Kongu as a NPC. She served as a plot hook, and an in-character mediator (which was sorely needed).

Overall I thought when we were going strong it was great. We had a lot of roleplaying and drama to add to action, but when it did slow down it REALLY slowed down. This is nothing new in PbP however, and to your credit you didnt just file it away under uncompleted adventures and never gave it another thought. You actually stuck through the inactivity and eventually gave us somewhat of a conclusion to things and even a future plot foil for any of us who play under you again.

For that I give you a lot of credit.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne would like the MW dagger at half price = 362.5
Which leaves her with 942.90.. right?

I think the campaign went well. In the beginning things moved right along and I was thoroughly enjoying myself, building my character and developing her into what I had forseen. Granted - she was a tad bit nicer than I had originally planned.. but I didn't want to be a complete bitch and ruin the game for everyone. :) Orsal did a fantastic job DMin', and I agree with H4H, you kept with us even when things went to crap or slowed down. Most DM's would've tossed in the towel -- heh, I know I have in the past. Good job.

Oh - does anyone know how much xp we got overall for the entire adventure? For some reason I didn't update Payne's sheet after the first award.

And good luck everyone! Hopefully we'll get to be in a game again sometime with one another. Maybe not the same characters.. but, yanno. :)

Remove ads