Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

orsal

LEW Judge
Lot said:
Lokin has his shield +1 that needs to be added to the loot list. He's carrying it but I think je would need to buy it out with his share of the treasure.

Oh, right. I compiled the list of gains since your mid-adventure hiatus above ground.

So, how are you going to do the checking? Get an NPC to identify, or just detect magic. (If the latter, Zurd can do it, if you're willing to trust him.)

Lot

First Post
Lokin looks to his companions, eyeing the treasure assembled in one place for the first time.

"I say we have Zurd use his magic to identify the enchanted items. We then have those identified by whatever wizard or sage we can find in the city. We should take the cost of that service out of the group fund. We then claim what we will from the equipment, each individual essentially buying an from their share at half market price, considering that's the best we would get for it if we traded it. Then we sell the rest and divvy up the coin once we get it. Personally, besides the shield and the money, I do not think I want anything else from the items in this haul."

orsal

LEW Judge
Lot said:
Lokin looks to his companions, eyeing the treasure assembled in one place for the first time.

"I say we have Zurd use his magic to identify the enchanted items. We then have those identified by whatever wizard or sage we can find in the city. We should take the cost of that service out of the group fund. We then claim what we will from the equipment, each individual essentially buying an from their share at half market price, considering that's the best we would get for it if we traded it. Then we sell the rest and divvy up the coin once we get it. Personally, besides the shield and the money, I do not think I want anything else from the items in this haul."

"The potion, the scrolls and the shield are magic. That's all," Zurd replies.

Kongu asks, "Do you think it's worth the cost to identify the potion and the scrolls?? Unless they carry powerful spells, the identification might cost more than we can get for selling them. The wizards I know who can identify magical items need a pearl costing at least a hundred crowns to do it. Is there a cheaper way?"

hero4hire

Explorer
orsal said:
"The potion, the scrolls and the shield are magic. That's all," Zurd replies.

Kongu asks, "Do you think it's worth the cost to identify the potion and the scrolls?? Unless they carry powerful spells, the identification might cost more than we can get for selling them. The wizards I know who can identify magical items need a pearl costing at least a hundred crowns to do it. Is there a cheaper way?"

"Hmph! How do people normally figure them out?"

OOC: Spellcraft +5 and Take 20 thats how! Orsal go ahead and roll a sense motive for me against Zurd on whether he is lying about what is magickal. I dont want to metagame if I know the roll.

orsal

LEW Judge
[sblock=Kol]You don't find anything in Zurd's speech or manner to suggest he's being dishonest.[/sblock]
[sblock=Lokin]You don't find anything in Zurd's speech or manner to suggest he's being dishonest.[/sblock]
[sblock=Payne]Zurd is a smooth talker, but you get the sense that he's not being completely honest with you.[/sblock]

TwistedMindInc

First Post
( OOC: Payne would love the jewelled daggers. )

Payne's eyebrow raises as Zurd identifies what is magical and what isn't. Cocking her head to the side, eyes narrowing (as per usual when she talks to the half-orc), "Really? That's all? Cause.. I'm sure if Kol and Lokin knew you were trying to weasel us out of the goods.. they'd have something to say about it." They had decided to go their separate ways, and she really had become sick of his attitude. Drawing a dagger, the rogue used its pin-point tip to pick some dirt off one of her gloves.

orsal

LEW Judge
Zurd is unfazed by Payne's innuendo. "Who's trying to weasel out of anything? I'll cover the cost of this axe out of my share. That's fair. You seem to like the dagger; you can buy it the same way if you want."

hero4hire

Explorer
orsal said:
Zurd is unfazed by Payne's innuendo. "Who's trying to weasel out of anything? I'll cover the cost of this axe out of my share. That's fair. You seem to like the dagger; you can buy it the same way if you want."

"Well if you havent noticed, a Greataxe IS my preferred weapon Zurd. So unless we come to an agreement about who it goes to it gets sold like the rest of the loot. And if you are lying the best you will get is nothing...The worst is the working end of that Ax."

OOC: Detect Magic costs what? 5gp from any 1st level Mage?

orsal

LEW Judge
hero4hire (Kol) said:
"Well if you havent noticed, a Greataxe IS my preferred weapon Zurd. So unless we come to an agreement about who it goes to it gets sold like the rest of the loot. And if you are lying the best you will get is nothing...The worst is the working end of that Ax."

Zurd replies, "So you want the axe too? How about nonlethal combat. First one to fall, the other gets the prize."

hero4hire said:
OOC: Detect Magic costs what? 5gp from any 1st level Mage?

So are you proposing to hire an independent consultant to inspect the loot for you?

hero4hire

Explorer
orsal said:
Zurd replies, "So you want the axe too? How about nonlethal combat. First one to fall, the other gets the prize."

"I would love that Zurd, but I would also add no spellcasting as a condition to that combat. But somehow I doubt you would accept."

So are you proposing to hire an independent consultant to inspect the loot for you?

OOC: Yes

Remove ads