• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Ilan

First Post
Seeing Diactum being hit and realizing that if he falls my flank will be open for attacks I fire my first arrow at the Wolf standing to my side. I release my bowstring and my arrow is send right in his head. (16 dmg)

If the arrow passes through or if he isn't dead yet, I continue shooting at him (10dmg, CRITICAL 38dmg)

If the wolf dies I reload and I shoot at the wolf treathening Kheldev. (10dmg) Thinking that shouldn't have hurt him to much (if my arrow doesn't pass through) I take my final shot (CRITICAL 38dmg)

[It's a bit messy with the miss change, soz. I can email my rolls to you. to hit= 33, 24, natural 20 + 32)

Last edited:

takew

First Post
Tycho starts inspiring the party by singing a heroic song about a situation just like this one in witch the good guys came out as winner.

Furthermore, he makes an attack on wolf 2 and a second attack on wolf 2 if he survived. Otherwise the second attack is on wolf 3.

He than makes a 5ft step left.

[Ron, can you do the dice work for me? +12/+7; 2d6+7+1d6 fire/attack]

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[After Ilan but it doesnt matter]

Deepwinter 7 concentrates intensively to try to manifest an Astral Construct V power in order to surround the wolfs with more targets hopefully distracting their attention from their living opponents

[5 medium sized Astral Constructs will appear if I keep making my con checks vs dmg]

Sullaf

First Post
"Ya think ya tough eh? This DWARF (pronounced slow and with pride) will not fall tha EASILY!!

That said Kheldev tries to smack the leader wolf over the head with his axe, seeing that his first hit made quite an impact. If he should fall, he will attack the smaller wolf. If not he will continue on the leader.

After his attack he yells to the others "Be close toge'er! Don'le'em encircle ya!"

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ilan fires at the Wulf threatening him, provoking an attack from the wulf for letting his guard down for aiming his arrow. The wolf bites in his arm, sligtly decaying the flesh where it hits (6 damage)but Ilan shoots it into oblivion with one shot immediatly after.

The second arrow passes through the wolf north of Kheldev. The last one does find contact with that same wolf however, and that wolf now seems less solid as it was before.

Tycho starts singing his heroic ballad, which starts to affect you all - it slowly raises your spirits and your courage*. Unfortunately his blade fails to connect - the first time it passes through harmlessly, the second time his swing just fails to come anywhere near the wolf, missing it by an entire foot. Tycho makes a slight tactical adjustment of his position.

Deepwinter 7 manifests his power defensively. His concentration seems unbreakable.

Kheldev tries and bash the Big wolf's ethereal skull in with his axe... and succeeds on his second swing... the big wolf disperses into thin air and is absorbed by the supernatural darkness around you.

Diactum and Wulf are next.

* +1 morale bonus to hit and damage after Tycho's next initiative.

Last edited:

Bacter

First Post
Diactum clearly being scared by the sudden drop of his life-essences and now probably being the weakest amongst all the present living and dead creatures, he decides to try to make an end to visual presence in this encounter with these foul beings.

Diactum starts casting an invisibility spell on himself to withdraw himself to the vision of the undeads.

I don't like my skin turning grey! Diactum signing off for the time being

OOC: for the ones who read my post in which I casted a cloudkill spell... This spell does not affect undeads, so I edited my post

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Diactum becomes invisible after casting defensively (10, +14 vs DC 17). Normal wraiths would ahve trouble discerning his location... but these aren't normal wraiths: they seem to be able to pick up Diactum's scent even in their ghostly form, probably related to their past wolf lives, in which they had keen noses.

Perhaps Wulf can solve a few problems.

takew

First Post
Wulf makes three attacks with his two bladed sword (right, left, right) targeted on W7 than W6 and than W5 (only changing target if they drop)…

Right hand:
Attack Roll: 1, 18 +10 (standaard) = AC 28
Damage roll: 1, 3 + 7 = 10 damage
Left hand:
Attack Roll: 2, 12 +10 (standaard) = AC 22
Damage roll: 2, 8 + 5 = 13 damage
Right hand:
Attack Roll: 3, 20 +5 (standaard) = AC 25
Damage roll: 3, 5 + 7 = 12 damage

If wolf 7 died, Wulf will step in that spot.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Wulf makes his attacks, the double bladed sword spinning and slashing about. The incorporeal nature of the creatures is bothering him however, and only his left strike connects, even though all his blows were well aimed. That said, that one good hit seems to be sufficient to take out that wolf - its darkness joins with that of the forest.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The wolf in melee with Kheldev lunges out and 'bites' him (5 damage). Tycho gets assaulted by three wolves and two manage to sink their shadowy teeth in him (3 damage total) while he dodges the other.

Deepwinter 7, even though heavily concentrating and slowly gathering ectoplasm to build creatures with, does not get hit. His Ring of Protection manages to deflect the attack. Wulf right beside him is not so lucky (3 damage).

The wolf in front of Diactum had no eyes to begin with it seems; a twitch of his shadowy nose manages to small Diactum out and he lunges for Diactum's neck (7 damage), sinking the black razorlike teeth in softly, but excruciatingly.

Thankfully everyone manages to fight off the horrible health draining affliction the wolves seem to be capable of inflicting.

Hit point totals (red means that con has been drained, blue temporarily raised):
Kheldev (59/73)
Tycho (54/66)
Deepwinter 7 (67/69)
Ilan (58/58)
Wulf (46/61)
Bacter (20/28)

Initiative for the second normal round:
Ilan 26
Deepwinter 26
Tycho 24
Diactum 20
Kheldev 17