[PbP] The Rising of a God

Ilan

First Post
"You go and arrest the young one then. I'll arrange for a safe place. The Inn sounds good to me. Easy to defend and my weapons are present there. Meet up with me there."

After saying that I meet up with the Dwarven clansman that seems to be in charge. In a serious tone I ask: "By the hammer of our clan, that pounds fear in the hearts of our enemies, will you aid me? I need your help."

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Dweldan seems to be making quick decisions. He is obviously capable of quick and complicated thought. If he would have applied his talents differently, he would have made a decent Wizard.

"I shall accompany you, after we get our weapons and armour. We might encounter resistance, but if fully armed and armoured we should seem more powerful and this might deter our quarry of inflicting further violence. Also, I would like to stop by the city guard station first, as I wonder whether one noble can actually issue such an order for detainment through a private investigation team. I care not much for most laws, as I find them to be decided upon arbitrarily more often than not, but indeed it is best to work within that framework when possible to stave off unneeded complications."

Sullaf

First Post
The young aristocrat replies to Dweldan "You speak words to cloud my mind! I am certain that is was Wilhelm who attacked my brother. I saw for myself! He was just here and now he has run of, the little coward. Be quick with the investigation or me and my men will have our own!"

Asaewin just looks troubled and stares in the distance. He nods a bit and finally says "Just don't let them get him..."

The delegatie of Dwarves consist of 20 Dwarves, 10 who belong to the clan Bloodhammer, the other belong to the Goldhammers, a befriended clan. The leader of this delegate is Brodarim, a very strict general who is happy to help you "Arrrr we be punishing those who break the Law. All are equal to the Law, so this young aristocrat be arrested!. He takes you aside to discuss some private things with you. The Goldhammers are eager to join as well, although two dwarves stay behind, having taken quite a beating when trying to stop the stampede.

Dweldan remembers that in these parts, normal laws do not apply to those of nobility. For one thing, they have the means to bribe a jury, judge or guard. Therefor it is common for nobles to challenge one another to a duel, not to the death, but for honor alone. Disputes are often resolved by letting certain 'champions' fight each other. These usually are to the death but are not usually fought by members of either House.

Dweldan suddenly remembers the name Asaewin! That's why it sounded familiar! Asaewin is also a supreme judge in the counsel called the The Dodecahedron: A council of arcane elite consisting of 12 high-level loremasters, wizards, sorcerers, bards, professors (experts) etc. Law is made and matters are determined by a majority vote of the council. One of the group is elected Chancellor who then presides over council meetings/sessions, determines the agenda, and resolves ties. The current Chancellor is a female: Beti Vilch. The only requirement for a seat on the Dodecahedron is the ability to cast arcane spells. Open seats are filled by a complicated process that culminates in a vote of the current members. This procedure is predicated on accomplishment but it often involves petty politics. The Dodecahedron is often referred to informally as “The Twelve.”

takew

First Post
TJ accompanies the youngster to the temple of Pelor. He then tries to find his Dwarven friend to aid him on his part of this mission.

Sullaf

First Post
You quickly make haste toward the Purple Dragon Inn to get your equipment. There you see Grishan sitting in his usual corner. When he sees the large group of Dwarves come in, he pretends not to recognize you.There is also an adventuring party present, who you have met before: 'The warriors of the North'. When Silva sees Argos, she smiles at him seductively. The dwarves, needing some rest from the running (Our legs don't run so fast as you blasted human legs do!) sit around for a pint or 2 to lift the spirits. You meet up with TJ who comes running in just as the group is about to leave. He also grabs his things and you're off.

When you come near the Adrendanner Estates, you see that the Estates are situated just outside of town on a hilltop. There is a steep road leading towards the entrance, a rather large gate which is now barred and locked with great chains, and behind it you can see the three brothers surrounded by guards, 12 of them to be precise, all armed with chainmail, longswords and shields and clearly ready for a fight. One of the guards is clearly the captain as he is the only one wearing a cloak. Wilhelm is nowhere to be found. The house itself is huge, with a great veranda surrounded by an immense garden. There is a servant house to the right, a guest quarters to the left and a warehouse can be seen behind the house. It seems as if this hill is self sustained, and could be easily defended. The hill is to steep on other sides to invade and the road only has room for three men besides one another. Two small turrets are build into the wall which sustains the gate, both turrets are occupied by an archer.

The oldest brother Eoward screams "This is private property, leave at once, or we will send the dogs"

Although his words come out brave, a slight tone of panic can be heard when he sees the group of 19 dwarves and 3 others in front of the gates.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Dweldan takes the point and stands with his shoulders wide."Look, you have two choices. The first is that we leave and let the Wicendannor make an assault, with us to back them up as well. The other is that you hand over Wilhelm so we can get to the bottom of this. We will give him as fair a trial and investigation as we can."

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
Not wanting to be shut out with my clansmen watching I also step forward and yell: "We will protect your brother or my hammer will make his last swing protecting his life."

Sullaf

First Post
Eoward replies "Wilhelm is not here, and even if he was, I wouldn't trust him in the hands of the likes of you. Let that treacherous Wicendannor come. I am not afraid of Alirelin. Let him challenge me to a duel: I'd surely win!"

The two other brothers start whispering to oneanother. They seem to have a quarrel about something. Eofry points towards Dweldan, but his hand is rudely pulled down. Then his older brother Eowilish shouts at him and that is that.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Turning towards Argos "I think I'd like a word with you in private for a moment." Turning towards the Andrendanner: "I am guessing you will stay right here? I am wondering for how long you can keep your guard up. I am also wondering how many of you have to die in order to defend your honour over a failed assassination attempt. One I actually doubt that Wilehlm commited, but I unfortunately do have to arrest him. Adieu, see you in ten minutes."

Last edited:

Remove ads