[PbP] The Rising of a God

Sullaf

First Post
Asaewin says farewell and when you leave his study, he slams the door shut, and locks it. This man does NOT want to be disturbed that much is clear...

Outside the sun still shines and the inn looks like something out of fairy tales. Both Argos and Dweldan seem to be of interest to a large group of women who are sitting on a terras in front of a boulangerie, which is part of the inn. It is noon and the auction will commence in just over 5 hours, although Asaewin has made it clear he wants you present an hour early. This leaves you four hours to spend as you see fit. What will you do?

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I will try and woo the women with tales from my travels, while still using noble manners and etiquette. If any of them are noble though, I will avoid those. If asked whether or not I am noble, I will reply negatively.

OOC: I just thought of an unexpected benefit of my characters background... :)

Ilan

First Post
I go to our Inn and give the bartender 25 gp to give to "The Chin". I say it is his by right, since he is our employer and benefiter. The protection he gives us is apreciated. And I give the Innkeeper a tip of 5 gp.

OOC: In a low dwarven voice: "Will you be my friend, Godfather??"

Deepwinter 7

First Post
I cast a triple empowered fireball on the women... Seeing that this fails I make my way to the city hall to learn more about the two families. I want to know their numbers, occupations, strengths and weaknesses [classes and level :)]

I spend the next 4 hours on this, paying up to 10gp for the information when necessary

Sullaf

First Post
OOC: Now is the time to spend some skill points into gather information

No matter how much you concentrate the fireball just won't appear. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that you are a Transmuter, and your opposite school is Evocation... (;))

Both Gurd and TJ return to their own inn, where Tj tries to lower his headache, and Gurd is quite generous towards the innkeeper. The innkeeper is overwhelmed with joy and gives the dwarf free ale the rest of the afternoon.

Argos an Dweldan both use the attention received by the various women to learn as much as possible about the two families. They learn among other things that both families got rich by trading and are now both respected throughout the realm. The bloodfued started some 5 years ago when one of the sons of the Wicendannor, Jemeo, fell in love with a daughter, Rolea, of the Adrendanner. After some manipulation from both sides the two lovers decided to run away, to marry somewhere else and build up a new life. Alas the two were captured by bandits and a ransom was asked. The two families, accusing each other of kidnapping their offspring, refused to pay the ransom. Their ignorance would prove fatal as the two young ones were murdered in cold blood by the bandits. Although the bandits were found and prosecuted, the two families never did stop blaming the other family for the loss of the children and up until now they are in a state of constant distrust against one another.

The Wicendannor are led by father Rolem and he has two sons Alirelin and Drerilin and a beautifull daughter Celith. Rolem's wife committed suicide shortly after the loss of her son, as Jemeo was her favorite and she couldn't comprehend why a stupid fight resulted in the loss of her son. The loss of his wife made Rolem a bitter and ruthless man. He is feared by friends for his hard negotiation skills and by enemies for his ruthless way to deal with 'problems'.

The Adrendanner are led by mother Lothaulia, a dark scarry looking woman. She was never married but still has four sons: Eoward, Eowilish, Eofry and Wilhelm. Lothaulia is known as a mysterious woman who enjoys the company of young men and is not often seen in public. Rumors tell of dark magic and offerings of living stock to an unknown goddess. There are even those who tell of dragons circling above their outdoor mansion. Indeed people seem to think that Lothaulia is a direct descendant of Dragons, which could explain the strange complexion her skin has.

Nowadays the offspring of both families try to provoke one another during balls and feasts. Lately the feud has once again taken up a more direct fase when during the annual court ball Wilhelm by accident slipped over the slippy ballroom floor and fell over Celith. Both lay on the ground and although embarrassed, both took no offense of the whole thing. Nevertheless Alirelin and Drerilin did. Celith, being one of the most desirable woman in the realm, should be protected according to them. They challenged Wilhelm to a duel to the death. The mayor, wanting to prevent a bloodbath, forbid the fight but the case was not forgotten by both sides.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
to the auction then...

[Geese Sullaf, you have your anagram server running at full speed, too bad all your names are incomprehensible as hell now]

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
You meet up at about 4 p.m. and as expected, you are frisked before you are allowed to enter the auction hall. The guards do not seem to do a real good job, and they do not find any concealed weapons. The auction hall is a grand hall, about 300 meters in length and 100 meters in width. The front has a large podium and the whole hall is surrounded by pillars. In the middle numerous chairs are placed (about 30 rows, with 30 chairs in each row) and on each chair is an envelope on which a name is written in golden lettes. In the back there are some crude wooden chairs for any personal that might be brought in to accompany a noble.

The podium consists of a great red curtain in the middle and two smaller curtains in front, which provides a walking space. The ceiling is beautifully painted and shows an image of the great war of the gods and has an enormous chandelier hanging in the middle. There are 6 exits: two double doors in the center on both sides, of whom one serves as the entrance. One behind the podium behind the main curtain, leading to the room where all the art objects are stored and one in the back leading to a kitchen. All exits are guarded by two guards, except for the kitchen door and the storage door. The kitchen door is not guarded at all, and the storage door has 6 guards protecting the precious valuables. The room is lit by several orbs hanging from the ceiling as well as some candles hanging on the wall, which doesn't seem to waste.

Several waiters and waitresses are walking about, making sure that the guest have enough to drink. Some excited art collectors are already present and are discussing numerous art object which are apparently to be auctioned. Slowly the nobles are walking in and it becomes more crowded.

You have yet another hour before the auction commences. What will you do, or where will you be if the auction begins.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I mingle with the people asking what they want to buy and asking who they think will bid againt them. If they ask me what I am going to buy, I say that I am only here to accompany a friend of mine, Lord Silbenwahler. When they ask me where he is, I look around confused, and then reassure them that I'll find him before the auction.

Ilan

First Post
Quickly bored of all the pompeus people that are around, I take my stand by the kitchen door and keep an eye out for the noble familys to enter and take their seat.

takew

First Post
TJ takes a seat between the servants and searches for any suspicious looking faces... Blending in his natural habitat shouldn't be to hard.

Last edited:

Remove ads