• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Ilan

First Post
Not being able to help Tycho in a matter that would be effective, I try to do the best next thing and release Kheldav of his burden. I take my first shot and aim for the wolf he is fighting with. I then turn to help Diactum if the wolf is slain, If not I will take another shot until he is "dead". In the case that Diactums attacker is slain. I will fire at the Wolf who is attacking Tycho (Wolf2)

[attack 1= 4+17+3(meta)+1(pb)= 25 dmg=1d8+8=12]
[attack 2=10+17+3(meta)+1(pb)= 31 dmg=1d8+8=9]
[attack 3= 2+12+3(meta)+1(pb)= 18 dmg =1d8+8=12]

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ilan let's loose one arrow at the wolf wraith fighting Kheldev and it pierces the shadowy essence of the creature, dissolving it into nothingness. The elven archer spins round while moving a step to the side so he won't hit his invisble ally, and let's loose two more arrows in quick succession. Both unfortunately fail to affect the nasty undead creature.

Sullaf

First Post
Seeing his direct adversaries evaporated, Kheldev turns his head and yells towards the rest "Ma'some room fo'me. Deepsommin' and tha wiza'best be stay'n back, I'll be tak'n care o'tha res'. Ty'o hold ya groun'. I'll try an'distract'em, so ya can strike'm off guarrrd!!

"OI, where be tha wizza'gone?!?!"

OOC: This is meant as free action during Ilan's initiative. If this is not an option, it will be part of my next action

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Of the five constructs created, two try to clear the spot in front of Deepwinter 7 and stand before him to protect him from the undead wolfs. The other three take their places to allow Tycho to flank W2 or W3 and Wulf to flank W6.

Deepwinter 7 himself takes a 5ft step backwards to allow Kheldev to take his place after hitting the wolf directly in front of him [W5] over the head with Reldar's staff.

Never knew it would come to this

*WHACK*

[att 1 = 2 + 9 = 11]

Aarrgh fighting does NOT suit me

[Rav, it's probably a lot more convenient if you privately handle the constructs attacks (+3/+3 1d6+4)]

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
OOC: Will not be able to post tonight. Will post my action, so we can continue

When Kheldev finds no trace of Diactum, his face turns red while he raises his axe in anger, and shouts to the wolf (W9)
"WA' HA' YA DONE WI'THA'WIZZA'YA POOR EXCUSE FOR A WOLF!! That said, the enraged dwarf runs towards the place he saw Diactum last, cursing the tree for being in the way, and angerily plants his axe into the wolf (W9).

If the wolf should fall Kheldev looks around and tries to find any sign of Diactum.

Kheldev moves to the square above w9 and attacks it with power attack 10
Attack 1: 13(roll) + 13(standard) + 2(bull's strength) + 1(bard song) - 10(power attack) = AC 19
Attack 2: 12(roll) +8(standard) + 2(bull's strength) +1 (bard song) - 10(power attack) = AC 13
Dmg 1: 10(roll) + 9(str) + 2(specilization) + 1(magic) + 1(bard song) +10 (power attack) = 33 dmg
Dmg 2: 9(roll) + 9(str) + 2(specilization) + 1(magic) + 1(bard song) +10 (power attack) = 32 dmg

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
[all note that Kheldev's action takes place after Tycho's and Diactum's actions... so go ahead the both of you, and don't mind too much if it screws up Kheldev's actions, he'll just have to repost them/adapt them]

5 man sized ectoplasmic constructs appear, all behind the row of wolves on the west, all making attacks, but none of them affecting the wraiths.

Last edited:

takew

First Post
Without stop singing, Tycho attacks the wolfs again. Inspired by his own voice and the summoned ally on the other side of the wolf, he makes a first slash towards W2… If this kills the wolf the second aim will be on W3…

Attack 1: 11(roll) + 10(standard) + 2(bull's strength) + 1(bard song) +2(flanking) = AC 26
Dmg 1: 5(roll) + 6(str) + 1(magic) + 1(bard song) = 13 dmg (3 fire dmg)
Attack 2: 1(roll) = fumble
Confirm attack 2: 20(roll) = hit

Bacter

First Post
Diactum sees he is not fit to withstand the nasty bites of the wolfs and tries to move away from the battlefield. Doing this, he tries to evade possible wolven attacks. Diactum makes a double move (max of 60 ft), ending 15 feet in front of W5 (moving 15 feet diagonally down-right and 20 feet diagonally right-up (
OOC: if I am counting right
)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
As the invisible Diactum passes by the wolf in melee with Wulf (W6), the wolf tries to take a snap at him, failing miserably. However, that wolf exposes its back to Wulf because of his miserable attempt and Wulf takes his chance and slices the dark wolf's spine open, making it disappear into nothingness. Diactum moves to a more safe position after.

Kheldev moves and plants his Axe deeply into the wolf who previously bit Diactum, which dissipates immediatly and very quickly (W9)*.

Tycho swings his massive sword around and rips his opponent into shreds of darkness. (W2 is gone now too) His second swing is just not good enough.

Wulf now has a chance to do something.

* note though that you can only power attack as much as your total BAB Sullaf... which would have meant that if you needed that 2nd attack, you would have hit instead of potentially missed - in any case, you only had one attack since you moved more than 5 feet

Last edited:

Spellsword

First Post
OOC? one more time: wo lf=enemy and wu lf=me!!/OOC

insipired by the fact he has already killed three wolfs, he decides to go for the next one (w5)

let us send the foul beats back to the abyss the spawn from!!!!!

attack 1:
1d20+11=14
damage:

attack2
1d20+6=18
damage:

attack3
1d20+11=11
damage:

after his attacks he moves into the spot of the wolf if he dies...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads