[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

takew

First Post
Since Wulf doesn't share the information on the wall with us and because it seems of some importance for the imp mentioned it, Tycho starts reading the wall as well to see where it is all about.
[Using Spellcraft, K. Arcana and Read Magic if necessary.]

Spellsword

First Post
"Since Wulf doesn't share the information on the wall with us........"

You could also consider asking.......

the reason why I did not share beacuse all of a sudden that imp appeared....

Ilan

First Post
I turn around to Wulf and I say to him with great irritation: "By Corelian, are you all idiots. What is wrong with you. His proposition is clear. He will help us, if we take him with us when we leave this godforsaken place."

Returning my gaze to the Imp I reply to his question: "We could use your help indeed, if you show us the way, we will try to do what we can to free you. Call me Ilan Moonbow."

Deepwinter 7

First Post
If Deepwinter 7 has no knowledge of creatures of this kind [Kn: The Planes 13] he proceeds to ask the Imp

"What does it take to release a creature such as yourself. Be more specific, what do you know about the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted and what would you want us to do in return for your information"

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ilan said:
"By Corelian, are you all idiots. What is wrong with you. His proposition is clear. He will help us, if we take him with us when we leave this godforsaken place."
"Hmm... an impatient elf, jumping to conclusions. Incorrect conclusions I might add."

During the conversation Deepwinter recalls what he can from reading the magical book on the planes he found in the tower that is now his and Ilan's. He knows that this creature, with its dark red leathery hide, short posture and bat like wings, is indeed an imp, and that a lot of false stories circulate about imps. What is true about imps is that they hail from the nine hells, have potent poison which they can secrete from their barbed tail, and are incredibly hard to kill. They are vulnerable to silver or holy weapons though.

"Well then, yes, there are specific conditions to fulfill in order to secure my release... but first I would like to know exactly why you are here." The imp sits down on one of the rotten corpses. He keeps holding his staff. You notice he has a spell component pouch.

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
"You would grow impatient to if you were to travel with this lot. The reason why we are here is simple. We seek information about an artifact that is called "Tome of Rulership by divine right", if I am correct, I may have forgotten a part. But if you know of it, this should be enough for you to recognize what I am talking about. If I wasn't correct, you must have been improsined here. We may be able to free you if you tell us what we can do, if you help us. Whatever you can tell about this place will help."

Last edited:

Bacter

First Post
Diactum is suspicous and talks to the group, while the imp can hear him talking

How do we know that this creature does not mean harm to us!

Directly to the imp:

Convince us of your good intentions by telling us as well in short how you entered your presence unwanted form!

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
With a look that seems to say: "My god, is he serious", I look to Diactium before saying to the Imp: "You understand what I am going through. I'm surrounded by idiots. Please respand to my comment earlier instead of this stupid remark."

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The imp starts laughing maniacally. The short creature flies up to Diactum. "Good intentions eh? Why don't you read the wall as well. That is MY spellbook. I have been here for about 300 years. My master died during The Casting. I got trapped, so started studying from his books. I quickly researched a spell to create food, and here I am. I think you should consider me to have 'good intentions' merely because I haven't killed you all. I could Disjunct that which entraps me, but I have a rather large chance to go completely and permanently insane. That's why I need your 'help'. So, are you interested or are you going to be my meal? A fresh one, for a change."

Remove ads