[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

Sullaf

First Post
Kheldev seems to listen to Diactum, although he doesn't really seem to understand anything. Still he remains his posture and nodds alot.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The bow seems to be a simple longbow, nothing fancy.

You ascend the stairs and find yourself in a small hallway. The walls are made out of big rectangular dark grey stones. There is a door to your left, your right, and the stairs continue to go up. The stairs are made of wood but are metal plated.

Bacter

First Post
Interesting.. an alchemical lab... They probably have experimented with lot's of interesting chemical reactions I presume. Hmmm... I am very keen to take a look! Maybe some of the mages might even be at work at this hour, so we can find some of them here!

Ilan

First Post
"Can someone check if the bow is magical, otherwise it won't be of much use, I think."

After someone has cast detect magic. "So, which way do we go.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[after manifesting detect magic and telling about the results]

This floor supposedly holds an alchemical lab. Like Diactum I would like to have a look, let's try the door to our left

To Diactum

I did not know you take interest in Alchemy? I myself am a skilled Alchemist also. I even have my own simple lab back in Tarnian so I also wonder what these Mages here have set up. Can someone inspect this door?

Last edited:

takew

First Post
Does it matter for a skilled archer like you if a bow is enchanted. I think that you still excel in the art of archery compared to us. But I'll take a look anyway.

Tycho casts a detect magic and looks if the bow is magical. Also he takes a look at the surrounding.

Oh and can I have my bow back please Ilan?

After dismissing the detect magic, Tycho uses his ability to detect evil for as long as it remains possible. Starting whit the doors on his left and right.

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
A little surprised that the one who offered is the bard, but oh well, if it gets done, I don't care how.

I take Tycho's bow and hand it back to him. "Here you go, thank you for letting me use it."

I'll check out the door. Just a moment. But I don't know if it is of any use, magical traps are beyond my skill."

OOC: searchcheck: take 20 on door= 36

Bacter

First Post
Diactum seems pleased that other members in the group are also capable (to some extent) in the arcane practices. He feels glad that "the less capable" are willing to take the burden off of him like casting simple detect magics, which Diactum has already casted so many times.

To Deepwinter:

Yes, I am interested in everything which is not simply explainable by relying on our 5 well known senses. I consider alchemy as one of these subjects

To group and if nothing strange is detected on/of the door by Ilan:

I will knock on the door.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
There is no sound from behind the door. You open the door and find yourself in a small room, lit by a single Everburning Torch. Under this torch a faded message reads "Real fire forbidden". The room is filled with dirty beakers and other alchemical equipment, a lot of it broken. Most of it sits on shelves, but the floor has its fair share of shards and bent iron. A big circular corrosion mark sits against the door and on the floor, right where you get in (ie, you can't see the corrosion mark on the door until you are in the new room.). Two more doors other than the one you just came in from are in this room. One is marked with a bronze sign. Deepwinter, Tycho and Diactum know that this is a signal for "caution". The other door bears no special markings.

Remove ads