PC design help please, feats / skills ???

Darklone

Lord Pendragon said:
I'm not sure how relevant this is to the PC in question, but the Green Destiny was no bastard sword or katana. It was a longsword.
I know. But bastard sword with Exotic Weapon Master 2*str damage is simply too good :D

Darklone

:)

And for the coolness factor, fight with the "katana" one-handed with your hand behind the back. If you get into trouble, you can do the good old "I know something you don't" stunt :D

Last edited:

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
There have been some good suggestions here. Some things that occurred to me as a read them…

If I go with monk levels, he can't use a sword. Even if he gets the proficiency (vie a fighter level or a feat) he can't flurry with it, or deliver stunning blows. Long story short, I don't want to use monk levels for this build.

If don't want to make a PC with more than one PrC, it's just a personal thing.

I'm not really going for the wall climbing Li Mu Bai thing, more the "stand there and anything that comes near him dies" kind of feel. Sort of like an old Kurasawa movie, the lone swordsman in the big battle, and a ring of dead bad guys around him while he stands calmly.

I like Kensei, I think it fits the PC's flavor. So let's assume I go with either a Paladin 5 / Kensei x or a Cleric 2 / Fighter 4 / Kensei x.

If I do it with cleric, what domains do you think are good? I like the idea of magic as a domain (fits with the Dak'kon feel, and wands of fireball are fun).

So, that leaves me with three questions I'm putting to the group…

A) Which do you think is a stronger character (able to contribute to the group better all around), a Cleric2 / Fighter4/ Kensei X or a Paladin5 / Kensei x ?

B) In the case of the Cleric, what domains would you recommend?

C) As for feats, both need Weapon Focus and Combat Expertise. So that leaves the paladin with 6 more and the cleric with 9. Ideas?

Again, thanks in advance for the help!

-Tatsu

Spatula

Explorer
Tatsukun said:
If I go with monk levels, he can't use a sword. Even if he gets the proficiency (vie a fighter level or a feat) he can't flurry with it, or deliver stunning blows.
There is a feat in the Eberron book (Whirling Steel Strike) that allows a monk to flurry with a longsword...

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Spatula said:
Tatsukun said:
If I go with monk levels, he can't use a sword. Even if he gets the proficiency (vie a fighter level or a feat) he can't flurry with it, or deliver stunning blows.
There is a feat in the Eberron book (Whirling Steel Strike) that allows a monk to flurry with a longsword...
And he could always deliver stunning blows with the other hand...

Last edited:

noeuphoria

First Post
I'd go with paly. He has the relevant class skills (ride + concentration, which you'll want as high as possible) cha is good for saves (and for skills kensai gets a bonus to), gets smite evil, and can dual class freely to Kensai. For roleplaying, he also follows a code of honor, which fits in well with kensai. Although can someone tell me why ride is a pre req for this class? it has nothing to do with riding anything!!

Remove ads