• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCGen 5.11.12 beta released

kingpaul

First Post
TheYeti1775 said:
is there anyway to hide feats(or anything for that matter) you don't qualify for yet as you scroll through the list? (All the red ones)
I don't know. I know that VISIBLE:QUALIFY is used in templates and equipment modifications. I don't know if it can be used in feats or not.

thpr

First Post
TheYeti1775 said:
Would it be too much to ask for an import feature for say datasets from 5.10, to whatever they have at v6?

If it can convert it yippie even better. But I would be happy with it being able to read it even if it slows it down.

Generally, most of the tokens will not change. Thus if you have written to what was documented in 5.10, the conversion can be automated in the majority of cases.

It can't be completely automated for a few reasons:

• There are actually ambiguous tokens in 5.10 - they work, up to a point, but once pushed into corner cases, there are ambiguities that can be encountered. We have changed those tokens going into 5.12 (often by removing them in favor of other tokens)
  • There are a lot of *really* old tokens (back to the 2.0 days) that were never properly removed from the code and are often undocumented. We have done some house-cleaning, in order to ensure we do not have to support those in 6.0 (though many didn't function anyway, we want to ensure people explicitly saw the warning messages)
  • There are tokens that are not at all strict in how they are parsed. They are practically free-form, and that makes it *really* hard to write a new parser that guarantees the integrity of the data going into PCGen (rather than interpreting at runtime and consuming errors). Those tokens we have changed to "tighten the rules" (in particular, ADD and AUTO had major syntax changes).

So there *are* a bunch of token changes from 5.10 to 5.12, and the old format of those tokens that changed _won't_ work in 6.0.

However, we do have a prettylst perl program that will do the vast majority of that updating for you - the only things it can't do are the ambiguous items (VERY rare) and some of the much older, undocumented tokens we are removing in 5.12. It should work very well if you are using tokens as they appear in the docs. You can visit our PCGenListFileHelp Yahoo! group if you try prettylst and encounter problems with conversion to 5.12. If you have lots of personal datasets, I'd be very interested to know what doesn't cleanly convert, so we can understand if that conversion can be automated.

One last note: There is a running issue with a few tokens that we need to figure out how to change the format before 6.0 (CHOOSE and REMOVE in particular). This may be a last minute rush of features into 5.11/5.12 or it might mean a 5.14. I don't know that answer yet. However, the vast majority of 5.12 tokens will work in 6.0 (and presumably can be supported for the forseeable future). The exceptions are the bold entries on http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Token+Change+Proposals+for+5.13+Alpha plus - perhaps - PRERACETYPE (which has a really yucky interaction that has been in cleaning mode since about 5.9)

thpr

First Post
kingpaul said:
I don't know. I know that VISIBLE:QUALIFY is used in templates and equipment modifications. I don't know if it can be used in feats or not.

QUALIFY only works on EqMods. That should probably be universalized. We should FREQ that.

mosat

First Post
TheYeti1775 said:
But since I got your attention KP, is there anyway to hide feats(or anything for that matter) you don't qualify for yet as you scroll through the list? (All the red ones) I did the Pre-Req tree view but still there are a lot outside of trees that would make it nicer visually. Nothing important enough for a formal request just something to think on if it is easily done.

You can do this in the GUI now with filters, no need to modify the data. On the tool bar at the top click the icon that looks like a magnifying glass. One of the filters you can apply is "Miscellaneous : Qualify" which will hide those feats you can take in the list. The filter list is context sensitive to the tab you are in, for example in the gear tab there is a "Miscellaneous : Affordable" filter which will hide everything that costs more than the amount you have set in the gold field.

Last edited:

Zaister

Explorer
kingpaul said:

You can hide the "red feats" by using a filter. Chose Tools > Filters > Open from the menu, and select "Miscellanous : Qualify" as a filter.

Stefan.

Remove ads