• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCGen for Mac OS X - install help

Purple

First Post
So, I finally went out and got my new computer, a 17" Powerbook. I'm trying to figure out how to install (among other things) PCGen so that I can get a few characters worked up. After much looking around I found the OS X install package, and installed it. This seems to work ok, but it does not have the data files for 3.5. It is also an older version of PCGen.

I've also found the newer version, in the form of a patch to download. The install procedure is not there for OS X (it has a .bat file, but I don't know how to get it to work for me). Can anyone tell me what steps I need to take to upgrade to the new version, or at least how to install the 3.5 files? Thanks,

Lee

kingpaul

First Post
Purple said:
I've also found the newer version, in the form of a patch to download. The install procedure is not there for OS X (it has a .bat file, but I don't know how to get it to work for me). Can anyone tell me what steps I need to take to upgrade to the new version, or at least how to install the 3.5 files? Thanks,
I run Windows, but I'll try to help you out as much as I can. If you go to http://pcgen.sourceforge.net , you can get the various PCGen downloads. You need to have java installed on your computer...1.4.x to utilize GMGen, 1.3.x for PCGen. The RSRD (3.5) datasets are not complete, but close, and were included in last week's release (5.5.2).

Does that help?

Purple

First Post
Steve Jung said:
Purple, did you get the OSX version from Conor Schutzman's website? The latest version he has is 5.5.1. The latest version overall is 5.5.3 released 12/10.

Yup, I got that one and installed it. I found a message on the yahoo group about how to upgrade the version, but I cannot figure out how to get the new datasets to enter. I've tried copying the 3.5 dataset from the 5.5.3 patch, but cannot get them to load. Any ideas?

Lee

Chacal

First Post
You would probably get more answers by asking in the yahoogroup. They're quite helpful and I'm sure there are OSX users on the list.

Chacal

Remove ads