• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PDF preview for Scarrport: City of Secrets

Urizen

First Post
:erm:

That isn't likely to happen. Still, if I see this book in print in my FLGS then I'd consider it just for the setting.

I understand completely! And thank you for your support in spite of your dislike of 4th edition.

When I first picked up 4th edition, I didn't like it much. Now I'm pretty well hooked, though, I have to say I sort of wish there was more about social interaction..

I kind of think it would be cool to have at-will powers, encounter powers, utilities and dailies for social situations.

It's a rough, loose concept right now, but I've been brainstorming some on the idea of developing a 'social combat" mechanic which incorporates the 4e combat system as a method of resolving encounters that aren't focused killing things.

Examples would be oh, bartering, court intrigue, fast talking, seduction etc...

I guess skill challenges would work, but.. ehh.. they seem to gloss over the subject, using a series of dice rolls to attain to goal in a very fast way. IMHO it takes the role-play out of the process.

Ok I'm rambling.

Thanks for your interest, btw. I really appreciate it.

Urizen

First Post
I like the new healthy blow; I'm not sure it should be a basic attack, but it's much better than the previous version.

As for the race having the option of changing its stats . . . I think this is a good idea. It will rub some people the wrong way, but I think it's a good step toward solving what many to be a problem: races only working well with small subsets of classes. Giving the races and/or classes more freedom without just ripping out the rules (in the cases of some house rules ideas I've seen) I think is good.

~

Thanks for the feedback.

One of my proofers has noted that the ghodon bonuses do tend to make the race a bit_too_versatile compared to the other races, which leads me to believe the ghodon probably need to be tweaked.

Urizen

First Post
Just an update.

We've received a lot of really good feedback on the preview, and want to incorporate the changes before the book is released.

It'll push things back a bit, but in the end, I think Scarrport will be much, much better for the effort.

Many thanks to everyone who was kind enough to contact me.

Urizen

First Post
We're getting there, I promise!

I'm waiting on some racial feats, which I should have tonight or tomorrow.

Then I have to re-do the layout on the race chapter, tighten up everything else, index it, give it a TOC and one final proof before I unleash it on the masses.

thanks for your patience.

CrimsonHawk

First Post
Please say that you're still on for the 4-15-09 release date. I'm really looking forward to the setting and character options (especially the character options) you're offering in this book.

Urizen

First Post
Please say that you're still on for the 4-15-09 release date. I'm really looking forward to the setting and character options (especially the character options) you're offering in this book.

Yep, barring anything crazy happening between now and then, I'm pretty confident I'll be releasing on the 15th.

Thanks for your interest!

Remove ads