Pendragon 6E Gets An April Release Date!

The long-awaited Arthurian game is nearly here!

pendragon_6e.png

Dicebreaker posted a preview of the Player's Handbook cover

Hitting EN World's most anticipated TTRPG of the year four years running, Pendragon 6th Edition from Chaosium finally has a release date! The first of three core rulebooks, the Player's Handbook, will be hitting store shelves this coming April, with the Gamemaster's Handbook and the Noble's Handbook (high level play) coming 'as soon as logistically possible'. April will also see The Grey Knight, an updated edition of an adventure by Larry DiTillio--of Masks of Nyalathotep fame--from 1986.

There will also be a Campaign Kit and a GM screen, plus a range of additional products such as an atlas, bestiary, regional sourcebooks, and more.

Also planned is an updated version of the Great Pendragon Campaign, originally written and by Greg Stafford and released in 2006, which covered 80 years of game time across multiple volumes.

grey_knight.png

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I played a session at a con last weekend. I think it was one of the starting adventures from the introductory set. Glad I played it, I had a blast. I'll jump on this one. I might even have a group of players to actually play with too.

Von Ether

Legend
I am sure most posters here know Larry DiTillo for his BRP projects like Masks of Nyarlathotep, Terror Australis, and some Stormbringer supplements.

But he also wrote for Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and was the mastermind behind the original He-Man show, along with She-Ra. He also wrote for Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling, The Real Ghostbusters, and other kids shows.

He was even an executive story editor for Babylon 5. His output for ttrpgs was pretty much only during a Hollywood writer's strike. Once that was over, he went back to TV.

Last edited:

jhilahd

Explorer
Super excited for this.
But my only complaint/concern is the breaking up what has always been one book into two.
Shame.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
But he also wrote for Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and was the mastermind behind the original He-Man show, along with She-Ra. He also wrote for Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling, The Real Ghostbusters, and other kids shows.

He was even an executive story editor for Babylon 5. His output for ttrpgs was pretty much only during a Hollywood writer's strike. Once that was over, he went back to TV.

Distinguo: DiTillio did a lot of good episodes for He-Man, but it's reaching to call him the "mastermind." He has a much stronger claim on She-Ra, where he wrote four-fifths of the opening serial and many other episodes.

Interestingly, it was his gaming work that brought him to the attention of the people in charge of He-Man, since they were looking for people with "swords & sorcery" background as well as scriptwriting. Several characters he used in He-Man--Lord Masque from "House of Shokoti, Part I", and the dragon Granamyr--came from his home campaigns or RPG writings.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Not sure about the two books where one use to do.
The better to keep meddling players out of the GM's business!

But the concern occurs to me: does this mean GMs must buy two books to play, and players only one? I'd like to see a Gamemaster's Handbook that covers everything a GM needs, meaning only one book is necessary for the GM.

By the way, this doesn't seem to be a 6e in the sense that D&D will be a 6e:
“As I see it, Pendragon was so far ahead of its time the hobby is just now catching up to Greg’s innovations from nearly 40 years ago, so there really wasn’t much need to change things mechanically in any significant way,” Pendragon line editor David Larkins said to Dicebreaker.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads