• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Penny Arcade - How the Illithid Stole Lolthmas

Dausuul

Legend
Part one of what appears to be a pretty amusing series on Penny Arcade:
Penny Arcade! - How The Illithid Stole Lolthmas, Part One

Happy... er, drow... holidays :)

Hee. I am amused.

(Also impressed--the Penny Arcade guys are doing a solid job of imitating Dr. Seuss. Most Seuss parodiers put a lot of work into getting the rhyme scheme right, but completely botch the rhythm. Seuss follows a very strict meter. These verses are nearly perfect... and it isn't accidental, either; they obviously inserted the word "here" in the final line in order to make the beats come out right.)

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
They have mentioned on more than one occasion that they can see themselves legitimately making children's books in the future. I suspect one or both of being fans.

Wouldn't be surprised. Despite their super-inappropriateness at times, they're both big softies at heart. Having kids'll do that to you.

By the way, this was their best christmas strip ever:

Penny Arcade! - The Deerly Departed

Just sayin'.

Gregor

First Post
Language and the use of words is a drug for Tycho, so I am not surprised that it sticks closely in terms of the Seuss meter.

Remove ads