• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E People's favourite lizardfolk adventures? Any system

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
Okay, am DMing a group (now lvl 6) and need an adventure featuring lizardfolk in a swamp. Before I make from scratch, throwing out feelers for any adventure in any system that people really liked which I can adapt (if not 5e).

My friend ran a campaign where we were all lizardmen (the society was not politically correct), recruited by the advisor of our glorious king to ensure that the kingdom's team for the annual Aztec-esque sporting championship would be in peak physical condition, and that meant sacrificing humans in a distant volcano in order to gain the fire spirit's favor, so that the team's hot tub would be the perfect temperature.

Cue four cold-blooded lizardmen dragging two wagons full of whimpering mammalfolk through perilous wilderness, trying to keep the morons from getting eaten by giant spiders or drowning when we tried to ford a river. We ended up bailing on the whole mission when we met some rude mind flayers who we discovered were using psychic relay stations to illegally scry on our sporting events (aka, they were pirating ESPN), and we just turned our wagons full of human sacrifices into food trucks for the illithids, who paid in magic items.

Unfortunately, we discovered later that the championship was being played against the gods of the underworld, and our team lost, which led to the annihilation of our entire culture.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I will also recommend I2 Tomb of the Lizard King. Great module. Lots of great memories of running and playing it.
I also enjoyed Ssscaly Things from Dungeon #70. Lizardfolk and ruined towers in the Mere of Dead Men north of Waterdeep.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Saltmarsh
Wrecks Ashore 3.5 advemture featuring a Lighthouse, Pirates and Lizardfolk
Keep on the Borderland
Island of the Lizard God - a winner of one page dungeon comp

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
One of the adventures in the D&D Next module Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle takes place in a temple (plus underground caves) in an area call Lizard Marsh. This is Part 4: Fane of the Sun Swallower.

In the 5E Adventure Path Hoard of the Dragon Queen there is Episode 6: Castle Naerytar, which is an adventure location within the Mere of Dead Men. It is a ruined castle within the swamp. Lizardfolk are half of the fighting force there, the rest being mainly bullywugs. But you probably could easily remove the bullywugs and replace them with more lizardfolk if you wished.

The 3E Eberron adventure Eyes of the Lich Queen starts with an adventure Part One: The Temple of Kha'Shazul within the Q'Barran swamp that is ruled by a pair of black dragons with a host of poison dusk lizardfolk surrounding the temple.

My friend ran a campaign where we were all lizardmen (the society was not politically correct), recruited by the advisor of our glorious king to ensure that the kingdom's team for the annual Aztec-esque sporting championship would be in peak physical condition, and that meant sacrificing humans in a distant volcano in order to gain the fire spirit's favor, so that the team's hot tub would be the perfect temperature.

Cue four cold-blooded lizardmen dragging two wagons full of whimpering mammalfolk through perilous wilderness, trying to keep the morons from getting eaten by giant spiders or drowning when we tried to ford a river. We ended up bailing on the whole mission when we met some rude mind flayers who we discovered were using psychic relay stations to illegally scry on our sporting events (aka, they were pirating ESPN), and we just turned our wagons full of human sacrifices into food trucks for the illithids, who paid in magic items.

Unfortunately, we discovered later that the championship was being played against the gods of the underworld, and our team lost, which led to the annihilation of our entire culture.

You're made of win.

Voadam

Legend
I too had a great time running I2 Tomb of the Lizard King.

1662557427561.png

Remove ads