• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Per Ed Greenwood, Halruaa survived the Spellplague

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
Some background from Ed Greenwood re: the Tyranny of Dragons storyline, in response to a question from a fan about Tiamat and her status in the Hells, and in the Realms, as the Tyranny story unfolds:

Ed spent some time trying to get an official answer for you, and at length abandoned that attempt and spun his own (which of course he has the moral and legal authority to do, although Wizards can of course at some future time supercede what I’m posting below). So, heeere’s Ed:

Read the remainder of Ed's lengthy reply by following the link above.

As always, Ed's replies to questions posted at Candlekeep by fans are first relayed to The Hooded One by Ed, and she posts them to the forums.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
(edit: and to be clear, we're on Stage 6 of this process from the Spellplague...my prediction is that we'll have another RSE (Sundering excepted) by 2025. My vote is on something related to Drow and Drizzt "dying" that sort of comic-book death that isn't really dead.)

It seems to me that the adventures being released at the moment involve the PCs stopping potential RSE

Irennan

Explorer
Some background from Ed Greenwood re: the Tyranny of Dragons storyline, in response to a question from a fan about Tiamat and her status in the Hells, and in the Realms, as the Tyranny story unfolds:

Read the remainder of Ed's lengthy reply by following the link above.

As always, Ed's replies to questions posted at Candlekeep by fans are first relayed to The Hooded One by Ed, and she posts them to the forums.

I think that this deserves a thread on its own, or to be posted in some of those Tyranny of Dragons megathreads.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I think that this deserves a thread on its own, or to be posted in some of those Tyranny of Dragons megathreads.
I think useful information from Ed would get lost in a big thread.

Better, I think, to link to interesting posts here and keep it simple.

Speaking of interesting posts: Ed's commentary on Bane (in the last post I linked to above) suggests he's been depowered. All the more reason for Bane's mortal vassals to get busy in the Realms with the tyranny and lording it over others.

More Bane in the Realms please!

Remove ads