• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Perfect example of the kind of interaction that I wish Wizards had with it's community.

justinj3x3

Banned
Banned
I'm not sure whats so funny fjw. Does that mean you are accusing me of lying? If so you know what they say about assuming. You can think what you would like though.

justinj3x3

Banned
Banned
Wow. The maturity and civility astounds. Honestly I've done chatting and posting and have joined communities and have always been able to get along with people. I've also been able to discuss opposing opinions in a civil respecful way. The D&D community is the ONLY community I've seen where people treat others like so much garbage. It's sad and disgusting to be honest. I know it's a stereotype that D&D players are nerds in their moms basements, but with the inability to have social interaction without acting like juveniles or prudes really hits home the fact that the D&D community has its share of socially inept individuals. Is the web a place for the nerds to go and bully people the way they were bullied in high school? Way to go guys be proud of yourselves!

Last edited:

Wow. The maturity and civility astounds. Honestly I've done chatting and posting and have joined communities and have always been able to get along with people. I've also been able to discuss opposing opinions in a civil respecful way. The D&D community is the ONLY community I've seen where people treat others like so much garbage. It's sad and disgusting to be honest. I know it's a stereotype that D&D players are nerds in their moms basements, but with the inability to have social interaction without acting like juviniles or prudes really hits home the fact that the D&D community has its share of socially inept individuals. Is the web a place for the nerds to go and bully people the way they were bullied in high school? Way to go guys be proud of yourselves!
in sorry I really thought you were being funny... I have never seen a negati e reaction to the xp system

justinj3x3

Banned
Banned
in sorry I really thought you were being funny... I have never seen a negati e reaction to the xp system

If that's the case then I'm sorry. I had nothing to go on except you laughing at my post which was responding to fjw laughing. I asked why everyone is laughing so I wouldn't assume you were laughing WITH fjw and you didn't speak up. (Yes I am aware I just made a comment about assuming and then proceeded to assume!! ;)) I do stand by what I said (as bluntly as I said it) though. It is not a reflection of ALL the people here or on the D&D forums, but many people are abusive towards each other even in the way they speak to one another while debating and it's disturbing sometimes. Which gives validity to WOTC not coming to the forums while on topic.

Last edited:

Uchawi

First Post
Ever since WOTC released the OGL, they had a horrible track record with public relations, making statements, and not following through on it. I don't expect 5E will be any different. Once you relinquish control, it is very difficult to gain it back. Add to that the fragmentation within the game, and all I can say it good luck.

fjw70

Adventurer
Wow. The maturity and civility astounds. Honestly I've done chatting and posting and have joined communities and have always been able to get along with people. I've also been able to discuss opposing opinions in a civil respecful way. The D&D community is the ONLY community I've seen where people treat others like so much garbage. It's sad and disgusting to be honest. I know it's a stereotype that D&D players are nerds in their moms basements, but with the inability to have social interaction without acting like juveniles or prudes really hits home the fact that the D&D community has its share of socially inept individuals. Is the web a place for the nerds to go and bully people the way they were bullied in high school? Way to go guys be proud of yourselves!

Hmm, you picked up right where Goldomark left off and your posts sounded just like his I honestly thought you were him. My apologies for that. I wasn't trying to offend. I too thought you were trying to be funny.

You are still wrong about the cancelled thing. :)

Edit: you need to relax a bit. We are just hanging out and having fun here.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
[MENTION=55961]goldomark[/MENTION] - considering I've now just read three different threads on the front page of this forum, in which you complain about Mearls lying to the fandom about cancelling an unannounced product, do you not see what Defcon1 is pointing to? Do you really not see it?

Because from where I'm standing, it's pretty obvious. A single tweet about not being able to cancel a product that was never announced, said obviously off the cuff and half in jest, is now being held up time and again as an example of everything wrong with WOTC.

Or mentioning, again pretty off hand, that jury duty is delaying a very low priority product, is held up as an example of either incompetency or outright dishonesty by WOTC, spawning a several hundred post thread and, like the cancellation tweet, repeated over and over again in thread after thread.

So, I ask again, do you honestly not see the hostility? Do you truly believe that these are perfectly reasonable responses and not, in any way, over the top?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads