• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Personal Creation - Robe of Defence - Help

stegma

First Post
Alright i posted this last night actualy after a million changes and calculations and tips and debate from party members .... the item is completely different. I will post it in a new thread as this item is COMPLETELY not plausable..... heh im extremely new at this and all this trial and error is helping me learn. Thanks for all the input!

BSF

Explorer
Already replied about the new item in the new thread.

kenobi65 said:
The issue, as others have noted, is that "instantly" triggering 4 or 5 spells is dang powerful. The "limitation" of the spells only lasting a while isn't much of a limitation...the only real downside versus having the spells "always on" is that you won't have them up and running until your initiative comes up in the first round.

Were a player to ask me if he could make something like this, my first response would be "no". My second response might be, "well, OK, but it'll cost a fortune." Which I think is the gist of what KarinsDad and Bad Paper said.

Yeah, I think I would look at the player and say "Umm, that is going to be danged expensive. In the long run, you will be much better off to make it a constant effect. Ditch the free action to activate and let's see what we can do to make an item you can upgrade and grow into."

One of the bits of advice I continue to carry over from my HERO days is that a disadvantage that is never relevant isn't a disadvantage. What is the limitation of a spell that isn't always on, and is a free action to activate? It isn't much of a limitation, which is fortunately reflected in the cost of quickening the spell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads