Pet Shenanigans

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Two enormous aggressive crows were attacking our cat earlier in the back garden. Not sure if it was a territorial thing. She wasn’t winning, either. Let the dog out there though. That put an end to it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
With crows?

Maybe the cat had prey the crows wanted. At this time of year, maybe the crows were nesting nearby, and saw the cat as a threat (in which case, you may have a problem going forward the next time the cat goes out, as they and the nest are still nearby, and they'll still see a threat). Crows are also smart enough just to be jerks and pick on an animal.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Crows can communicate and have long memories. There was a study done where certain people were told to antagonize a certain flock. Those people were eventually either avoided or attacked by the crows.

Years later, those same people were sent out to visit that same flock, but with orders to act neutrally towards the birds. Despite the long interval of time between their last interactions, they were still avoided or attacked.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Of course, all animals learn stuff. Our neighborhood rabbits don’t get too fussed about us unless we actually move towards them or if I’m walking the dogs.

Yikes! Either of our two cats could probably hold their own against a single crow. They’re both former ferals, and before being brought inside, would leave dead birds, rodents, a rabbit, and even snakes for us. Two against one though, would likely be unfair odds.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Perhaps your cat needs lessons on being badass. Here’s one who thinks he’s Davros.

[video=youtube;vf9wHkkNGUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf9wHkkNGUU[/video]

I can relate to your dog/cat dynamic, though. Seen it many times...though usually in human siblings. ;)

You have a pet shenanigan? I want one!

//

Crows are evil. It is known. Our dogs all have incredibly hostile reactions to crows.
Not ravens, though, for some reason. Poe fans, I think.

Remove ads