• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[pfrpg] follow me into shadows

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I doubt there will be a thousand but if there are wake me up for it. And you can wake me for last watch, too, if need be." Sindri flops back down on his bedroll and stretches his feet towards the fire once again. "I slept through goblin battle horns once. They marched right past my camp and didn't see me. Good thing I didn't snore or they woulda gutted me right there. You get used to it. If they come back, they come back, and we'll deal with it then."

Once the dirty work is done, Jack comes back into the firelight. "Jack watches, too." He turns his shaggy visage towards Renja. "Wake me." He retreats to the edge of the camp where the dim light barely reaches and curls up on the ground.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ragnor Drakechild

"Sir,"he says to the scholar, "if you always worry for what might be, you will never be ready for what is." Turning to the group he continues, "Reyna has volunteered for first watch, as only Sindri and myself can speak with her, and he has bedded down. I suggest I also watch with her, I will then be able to get a full nights sleep, and be able to refresh my arcane abilties upon the morrow."

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
"I know no one like middle watches, so I'll take third watch. Who wants to take it with me?" says Angus.

Angus unrolls is bedroll and spreads out his blanket. Once he is clear who his watch partner will be, he gets into bed and immediately fall asleep.

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=everyone] So it's safe to assume the night passes with everyone taking watch? Or is anyone going to attempt a "lone ranger/superhero" number and go off on their own? Or to do something in camp, like... make a poultice (I imagine people like doing that in fantasy settings; this may be indicative of some deep-seeded need to mix things with calendula, rather than a real RPGer observation)?

I ask so I know what to post next.[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I'm planning on, as quietly as is possible, sit and keep watch, without doing anything exciting other than stare at the woods. Maybe sharpening my daggers but probably not, I can do that in the morning.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sindri will sleep until he's woken for last watch. Hopefully he'll get enough sleep that he'll be able to renew his spells. Jack will sleep until Renya wakes him for second watch. As a side note, Sindri's perception skill is not very good. It might be wise if someone were to join him on the last watch.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Keepiru offers to take the final watch, explaining to the others that his order values an uninterrupted rest so that they can dream and commune with Desna. Taking the last watch gives him the best chance of that.

Remove ads