• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[pfrpg] follow me into shadows

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Keepiru regains his courage as he sees the remaining wolves turn and flee with their tails between their legs. He shouts, "Ha! That's right! Run away you dirty curs!" With hands still shaking from the adrenaline rush, he straps his starknife back into place on his back. He looks around again and sees that there are no critical injuries amongst the party. Before seeing to the others he turns to the Scholar to see if he's okay. "That was some fight! We showed them we won't make for an easy meal. Thank the Goddess."

Keepiru turns to the rest of the group and says "If you are wounded and wish to receive the blessing of Desna, hearken to me and raise up your faces to the stars. He waits to see if anyone will receive the blessing before raising up his own face.
Staring at the distant twinkling lights he says,Goddess of the Night Skies, thank you for looking down from the lofty heavens and seeing our distress. Though the minions of your hated enemy, Lamashtu, beset us on all sides you gave us the strength to overcome. Grant us now a boon of your blessing and restore our bodies and refresh our minds with restful slumber. May we dream of untraveled roads."

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Any characters who don't want anything to do with Desna can move away or ignore Keepiru. He can exclude people from the effect if they don't want it.

1st Channel Energy (3d6=9)
2nd Channel Energy (3d6=7)

If anyone is still injured I'll use another channel.
[/SBLOCK]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Ragnor's touch electrocutes the wolf, sending it flying before it hits the ground with a wet thump; the spell's energy causes it to send up smoke, and the camp is filled with the smell of burnt fur.

[sblock=ooc]ew![/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Angus has a clear opening at the wolves as they run away like beaten curs. However, he decides not to take it. Instead he mocks them as they leave. "And don't come back. I'll not be lenient next time."

Angus wipes the gore off his sword and sheathe it. As he looks for his crossbow, he hears Keepiru offering Desna's blessing. While Sir Angust is not really religious, he is not so stupid as to anger the gods by rejecting them or questioning there existence. Therefore as Desna is offering her blessing freely, Angus is happy to receive it and looks to the sky as Keepiru utters is benediction. Collecting his crossbow, he finally responds to Renya. "Thank you for the offer my friend but it was only a couple of scratches. I've taken more damage wrestling with a doxy. Anyway, Dasna's blessing's closed the wounds."

Addressing the whole company, Angus say "Something's definitely odd about the wolves. I don't think the excitement is done for the night. I suggest we double the guard. What do you think."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ragnor Drakechild

"We might want to drag these corpses out of camp, before trying to sleep."

[Sblock=Sign Language] Yes, as I was telling the others most unusual.[/sblock]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Kain watched the wolves retreat with disgust. "Those beasts were no challenge for us, and certainly not worth our effort. How DARE they interrupt our rest!"

Kain nods at Angus. "If these wolves are more sinister than they appear, then doubling the watch seems prudent. I am ashamed to be such a straggler in the fray... I volunteer for watch duty," Grinning widely, he struck his axe and shield together and added, "And pray that Gorum gives me the chance to redeem myself!"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sindri watches as Jack begins to drag the wolf bodies away from camp. "No redeeming yourself tonight, I hope, Kain. I would like to get a little sleep. Shame we don't have time to cure those hides. A nice wolf-skin cloak would be just the thing on a cold night."

ghostcat

First Post
Furious with himself for not thinking of it, Angus helps Jack drag the bodies away from the camp.

Once done, he says. "Right. What's the watch order then?"

grufflehead

First Post
Before the carcasses of the two wolves she shot are removed, Renya digs out the arrowheads - the shafts themselves may be broken beyond repair, but the heads can be re-used. Wiping the blood from the metal, she puts them both in a pouch at her belt.

In answer to Sir Angus' question, she look to the others then points at herself, points to her eyes and raises 1 finger.

[sblock=Signs]In other words, offering to do first watch[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
The corpses are dragged away easily, though the blood and intestinal contents left behind on the ground continue to stink. The mule, for example, shifts more in her spot than before, moving away from the cart and the stench.

The Scholar still clutches the brand, shaking in his grasp, until it burns close enough that he drops it with a start. Ouch! Blast! Drat, bloody thing. Oooh, that smarts. he says, sucking the burn while stomping out the embers on the ground. Well, if that's that, I think I'll sleep on the cart, thank you -- are you all out of your minds?! What if they come back? How can you think of sleeping at a time like this, I really don't know. Can't we get going now? What if they're going to get reinforcements? Next time there could be a hundred of them, or a thousand!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads